• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artwork-like chassis quality R&M of Pure Netrwork Audio nBrdige+

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Today I received Pure Netrwork Audio nBrdige +.This is a Hifi network streaming player with many technologies.

I read the manufacturer's introduction and was shocked by many advanced technologies. I never thought that there could be so many advanced technologies for network streaming players.

The following description is translated from the manufacturer's website:

Fully isolated modular hardware design
In the hardware design of Pure Netrwork Audio, one of the biggest concerns is how to reduce interference to avoid degradation of its own clock (digital transmission) or back-end DAC clock (USB transmission).

In terms of isolation, Pure Netrwork Audio uses optoelectronic modules to isolate network interference; uses battery power to isolate mains interference from other parts of the network; uses a chassis split design to isolate the clock transmission lines inside the machine, thereby avoiding internal EMI And so on. It can be said that the music bridge uses a fully isolated design to ensure sound quality.

At the same time, the music bridge adopts a fully modular design, which provides a convenient upgrade path. For example, to upgrade from nBrdige to nBridge +, the user only needs to send back nBrdige, add a digital interface board (green board in the picture, the actual sale is black) and replace the rear panel. In the future, other hardware upgrades only need to replace some components, which greatly reduces the life cycle cost.

High-performance customizable software design
In actual use, the higher the real-time data transmission performance, the lower the CPU usage, and the better the sound. So Pure Netrwork Audio's software focuses on high-performance design.

On the one hand, according to our design experience in high-performance network equipment, a large number of rewrites of the Linux kernel have been made to greatly improve the efficiency of the system, improve the real-time performance of the system, and reduce the CPU usage.

On the other hand, the software uses a module independent control design, which can be used to shut down system functions that are not needed in the music playback process, such as management services. For example, ROON users can turn off HQPlayer, UPnP Server, UPnP Render and other functions. This greatly reduces the system overhead and effectively improves the sound quality.

High-precision, fully-synchronized clock design
For nBridge + products, in the actual listening experience, the higher the clock accuracy, the more direct the clock synchronization, and the better the sound.

nBridge + uses femtosecond-level high-precision clocks, a large number of circuit isolation designs and special FPGA designs to avoid interference and clock accuracy degradation caused by FPGA operations, and effectively guarantee the system clock accuracy.

The big difference from the traditional PC + interface solution is that when nBridge + works, the audio clock used by the ARM board is provided by the digital board, and the decoder clock is also provided by the digital board, which is equivalent to a digital turntable (ARM board) and decoder. Work in synchronous clock state. At this point the sound will be greatly improved. Especially when using IIS connection, the back-end decoder will skip the local clock and directly use the clock provided by nBridge +. At this time, the system sound is the best.

nBridge + 's IIS can easily select the connected decoder through the management page. Due to the new design scheme, nBridge + can publish the new decoder's IIS connection method over the network within a few days of the new decoder's listing or during internal testing. Users only need to upgrade the software online to support the new decoder, effectively avoiding IIS compatibility issues.

It all sounds fantastic! It is simply the guiding light of HiFi! It's like the fireflies in the night, so bright, so outstanding!

Less nonsense, look at things first

PNA1.jpg

PNA2.jpg

PNA3.jpg

If you can accept or ignore the gap in the top cover, this is definitely the top rate shell manufacturing process in HiFi devices made in China. The industrial design is simple and beautiful, and the touch is excellent! Although it is not as good as the aluminum case of the Swiss-made Hifi device that I have touched before, I assure you that this unit has an excellent "feel of quality" to the touch.

I think this texture is good enough for its price over $ 2,100

How I wish I was rich enough to afford it ...

Let's take a look at this diverse interface!

PNArear.jpg

My emotion is over, the microphone is handed over to Apx555B

Here's the duo time for 555B and PNA nBridge!

Jitter Measurement of 44.1K:(following measurements are played using Roon)
Jitter441.jpg

:facepalm:

Jitter Measurement of 48K:
Jitter48.jpg

:facepalm::facepalm:

Jitter Measurement of 96K:
Jitter96.jpg

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jitter Measurement of 192K:
Jitter192.jpg

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

For comparison ... Let me test the loopback ...

Loopback96.jpg

;)

More comparison a 100usd USB to SPDIF interface
USB.jpg

;);)

Oh my god ... what did I see ...What an Apple of Sodom ...

Last edited:

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So might as well stick a Pi in a fancy case.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
That texture is just sandblasting / bead blasting using larger particles at a higher pressure.

Not a big deal, the machined case definitely can be done with better edge finishing though.

As for the performance though ... :oops:

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
That texture is just sandblasting / bead blasting using larger particles at a higher pressure.

Not a big deal, the machined case definitely can be done with better edge finishing though.

As for the performance though ... :oops:

Hahaha, you must know I'm just ironic ...

andygaof

Today I received Pure Netrwork Audio nBrdige +.This is a Hifi network streaming player with many technologies.

I read the manufacturer's introduction and was shocked by many advanced technologies. I never thought that there could be so many advanced technologies for network streaming players.

The following description is translated from the manufacturer's website:

Fully isolated modular hardware design
In the hardware design of Pure Netrwork Audio, one of the biggest concerns is how to reduce interference to avoid degradation of its own clock (digital transmission) or back-end DAC clock (USB transmission).

In terms of isolation, Pure Netrwork Audio uses optoelectronic modules to isolate network interference; uses battery power to isolate mains interference from other parts of the network; uses a chassis split design to isolate the clock transmission lines inside the machine, thereby avoiding internal EMI And so on. It can be said that the music bridge uses a fully isolated design to ensure sound quality.

At the same time, the music bridge adopts a fully modular design, which provides a convenient upgrade path. For example, to upgrade from nBrdige to nBridge +, the user only needs to send back nBrdige, add a digital interface board (green board in the picture, the actual sale is black) and replace the rear panel. In the future, other hardware upgrades only need to replace some components, which greatly reduces the life cycle cost.

High-performance customizable software design
In actual use, the higher the real-time data transmission performance, the lower the CPU usage, and the better the sound. So Pure Netrwork Audio's software focuses on high-performance design.

On the one hand, according to our design experience in high-performance network equipment, a large number of rewrites of the Linux kernel have been made to greatly improve the efficiency of the system, improve the real-time performance of the system, and reduce the CPU usage.

On the other hand, the software uses a module independent control design, which can be used to shut down system functions that are not needed in the music playback process, such as management services. For example, ROON users can turn off HQPlayer, UPnP Server, UPnP Render and other functions. This greatly reduces the system overhead and effectively improves the sound quality.

High-precision, fully-synchronized clock design
For nBridge + products, in the actual listening experience, the higher the clock accuracy, the more direct the clock synchronization, and the better the sound.

nBridge + uses femtosecond-level high-precision clocks, a large number of circuit isolation designs and special FPGA designs to avoid interference and clock accuracy degradation caused by FPGA operations, and effectively guarantee the system clock accuracy.

The big difference from the traditional PC + interface solution is that when nBridge + works, the audio clock used by the ARM board is provided by the digital board, and the decoder clock is also provided by the digital board, which is equivalent to a digital turntable (ARM board) and decoder. Work in synchronous clock state. At this point the sound will be greatly improved. Especially when using IIS connection, the back-end decoder will skip the local clock and directly use the clock provided by nBridge +. At this time, the system sound is the best.

nBridge + 's IIS can easily select the connected decoder through the management page. Due to the new design scheme, nBridge + can publish the new decoder's IIS connection method over the network within a few days of the new decoder's listing or during internal testing. Users only need to upgrade the software online to support the new decoder, effectively avoiding IIS compatibility issues.

It all sounds fantastic! It is simply the guiding light of HiFi! It's like the fireflies in the night, so bright, so outstanding!

Less nonsense, look at things first

View attachment 42049

View attachment 42050

View attachment 42051

If you can accept or ignore the gap in the top cover, this is definitely the top rate shell manufacturing process in HiFi devices made in China. The industrial design is simple and beautiful, and the touch is excellent! Although it is not as good as the aluminum case of the Swiss-made Hifi device that I have touched before, I assure you that this unit has an excellent "feel of quality" to the touch.

I think this texture is good enough for its price over $ 2,100

How I wish I was rich enough to afford it ...

Let's take a look at this diverse interface!

View attachment 42052

My emotion is over, the microphone is handed over to Apx555B

Here's the duo time for 555B and PNA nBridge!

Jitter Measurement of 44.1K:(following measurements are played using Roon)
View attachment 42054

:facepalm:

Jitter Measurement of 48K:
View attachment 42055
:facepalm::facepalm:

Jitter Measurement of 96K:
View attachment 42057
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Jitter Measurement of 192K:
View attachment 42058
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

For comparison ... Let me test the loopback ...

View attachment 42059
;)

More comparison a 100usd USB to SPDIF interface
View attachment 42060

;);)

Oh my god ... what did I see ...What an Apple of Sodom ...

Hi Wolf,

This is Andy Gao, one of the co-founders of Pure Network Audio. Thanks for share this report.

I am not be here to challeng the results. Just put some tips for how to test nBridge+.

TIPS1: make sure turn on nBridge+ with both power switch on and the battery charger is pluged in. otherwise, nBridge+ will receive the noise from both network and battery charger.

TIPS2: make sure turn off RJR fouction in digital settings. RJR, Realtime Jitter Reduction, is one of PNA's efforts in software design. It may remove some jitter in music file. Those jitters is coming from AD or edit process, not in the playback phase. But turn RJR on in jitter test is not a good idear. For test music files is not a real music, RJR will make the test result crazy bad.

TIPS3: use ROON, UPnP or HQPlayer is NOT recommened for jitter test. All of us know that the ROON Core, UPnP server etc. will impact sound quality. With ROON, UPnP or HQPlayer, you are not testing nBridge+ itself, but the streaming system. PNA propose to test jitter with aplay function, which is in nBridge+'s Native Linux system. For you are not able to login nBridge+'s native linux system. I am very glade to asisst you on remote side if you want test nBridge+ again. what you need is a remote accessable PC with teamviewer and a telnet clinet software installed.

In PAN's test bed, sorry for we are not rich as you :), we test with prismsound dScope III and the test results is same as dScope III's loop back test. Regetfully, dScope III's accurate is 300ps. So, honestly, I do not really know what the jitter result nBridge+ is.

My email is [email protected]. please send me a email if you want to do retest.

Br,
Thanks
Andy

Last edited:
OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Hi Wolf,

This is Andy Gao, one of the co-founders of Pure Network Audio. Thanks for share this report.

I am not be here to challeng the results. Just put some tips for how to test nBridge+.

TIPS1: make sure turn on nBridge+ with both power switch on and the battery charger is pluged in. otherwise, nBridge+ will receive the noise from both network and battery charger.

TIPS2: make sure turn off RJR fouction in digital settings. RJR, Realtime Jitter Reduction, is one of PNA's efforts in software design. It may remove some jitter in music file. Those jitters is coming from AD or edit process, not in the playback phase. But turn RJR on in jitter test is not a good idear. For test music files is not a real music, RJR will make the test result crazy bad.

TIPS3: use ROON, UPnP or HQPlayer is NOT recommened for jitter test. All of us know that the ROON Core, UPnP server etc. will impact sound quality. With ROON, UPnP or HQPlayer, you are not testing nBridge+ itself, but the streaming system. PNA propose to test jitter with aplay function, which is in nBridge+'s Native Linux system. For you are not able to login nBridge+'s native linux system. I am very glade to asisst you on remote side if you want test nBridge+ again. what you need is a remote accessable PC with teamviewer and a telnet clinet software installed.

In PAN's test bed, sorry for we are not rich as you :), we test with prismsound dScope III and the test results is same as dScope III's loop back test. Regetfully, dScope III's accurate is 300ps. So, honestly, I do not really know what the jitter result nBridge+ is.

My email is [email protected]. please send me a email if you want to do retest.

Br,
Thanks
Andy

The tips you wrote above, the user of this product told me during the test yesterday.

And I did it.

Tonight I'll go back and measure the localplay part. But actually, I think you're thinking about the wrong place

These problems don't seem to be in the development board and software parts.

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
As I said, the benefits of measurement are easy to verify.

The following test is Roon ---- PNA ---- USB to SPDIF interface (that is the $ 100 above)

The problem does not come from Roon、development board、 software.

Roon.jpg

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Over the past few days I spoke with @andygaof under the contact of one of his users.

I remind Mr. Gao, the problem is most likely from the digital output board. Especially the SPDIF output module of the FPGA.

Mr. Gao said it is unlikely, but may be because of some "considerations" on ground handling.And said that it is very easy to deal with the grounding problem well, they will deal with it within a day and send a new digital output board to me for measurement and comparison.

Then there are no more conversations (and messages).

Mr. Gao declined to speculate on FPGA issues.

Let me show you the most interesting part:

Demo of PNA Demodulation Music from jitter PNA's output jitter is related to what you play!

Because there is a lot of high-frequency noise during capture, in order to protect everyone's hearing, noise was removed. Source files are readily available if needed.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
After constant communication with the manufacturer, debugging, and countless measurement verifications.

Finally found the problem.

Manufacturers have decided to provide hardware switches that can switch between high measurement jitter and low measurement jitter. (Because some people insist on a high jitter sound)

The measured values for low measurement jitter are as follows:

PNAFixed.png

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@WolfX-700 I'm really happy to see your collaboration and work with the manufacturer above.

Top Bottom