• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

Shorty

Not from my country, but French pop singer Clara Luciani’s 2018 album Sainte-Victoire was a smash hit in her country and has been the most played record this year chez Shorty. And this ‘On Ne Meurt Pas d’Amour’ (Love Doesn’t Kill You) is only one of a number of great pop songs on this album. Also check out ‘Eddy’ and ‘Comme Toi’.

Last edited:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Is she unknown outside of Sweden? Well, no, but perhaps not well known enough

killdozzer

Major Contributor
:D
I can't get back at you with Jethro Tull since it's not famous only in my country, but I don't really spit in the face of truth! ;)

Here, at least I can find some Panpipes like the ones Jethro used on Stand Up:

dasdoing

Major Contributor
It's carnaval here in Brazil, or is it? not realy :rolleyes::rolleyes:

great nostalgia track of my city's carnaval (doubt anybody outside of Brazil knows the woman):

weesch

A little support for French President Emmanuel Macron who will blow up all of Europe with his EPR nuclear power plants.
And who will soon replace wind turbines with nuclear turbines walking in the wind...
it's more eco-friendly

Attachments

• didier clair.png
    didier clair.png
    3 MB · Views: 48

CinDyment

Blue Rodeo, big band in Canada, not so much anywhere else.

Got a chance to see them a few weeks ago on a little vacation with my wife over the border. For guys in their mid-60's they sounded fantastic. I grew up radio distance from the border so was exposed to a lot of Canadian bands that barely got any radio play in the US. That was great in the 80's. A lot of what I would call Euro-pop that we didn't have nearly as much of. Some great rock bands too.

An artist Serena Ryder opened for Blue Rodeo. Very talented and entertaining. Definitely suggesting looking up.

weesch

Hi
i don't know if someone use PAZERA AUDIO EXTRACTOR : https://www.pazera-software.com/products/audio-extractor/
Because it's a wonderfull tools for mastering....
i export all cubase mixdown at 96 khz -6 db and converter at X3 : 44 khz wav pcm 16 bit little endian multiplicator in PAZERA !
And the mastering is done...
No need an expansive hardware !
here a demo :
best regards

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Rio de Janeiro carnaval is worldwide known, but I don't think that people outside of Brazil realy get to know it. atm it is carnaval in Brazil, normaly it would be in Februray or March...you know the the reason.
carnaval (at least the south-east one) has leagues like sports. the first division is performing yesterday and tonight.
there are judges who judge serveral points of the overall performance, but this forum is about audio and Salgueiro "team" did impress me as hell with their song and "orchestra", so I would like to share it.
(after minute 20 a little insight of the musicions)

edit: "zoom" into the "orchestra": not realy the best lol. but the composition compensates

Last edited:
Top Bottom