• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As the title says, let's use the thread to post which new artists we have discovered lately that we love. Please post sample videos or links to some place we can sample them :).

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
a one hit wonder really, but love the song. Sniff and the Tears Drivers Seat

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My most recent discovery is Kristin Asbjørnsen. Her music matches my tastes 100% and it is delightfully recorded to boot.

https://www.discogs.com/Kristin-Asbjørnsen-Wayfaring-Stranger-A-Spiritual-Songbook/release/1025196
R-1025196-1279740169.jpeg.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

tomelex

Forum Donor
yep what northstar said. And here is another old one that pulls you in as you listen to it. Just to up the tempo some.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

tomelex

Forum Donor
Pinback
soaked, fortress,how we breathe

This is some good stuff to this mans ears...they have a ton of songs

Last edited:

TBone

Major Contributor
relatively recently ... met the man (Paul Reddick) in a small queen st. pub not all that long ago playing with his three piece band, he was superb ... (recommend CD:Rattlebag)

Last edited:

TBone

Major Contributor
story ... years ago, Australian Pink Floyd came to town and played old The Guvernment, a seedish standing only type downtown nightclub. They were absolutely awesome, easily the best sounding "Pink" concert I've ever witnessed (and certainly much better than English Pink Floyd). As we were leaving, they were selling CD copies of the concert at the door for $15. In a rush to get home, silly me reasoned since they'd be back playing here soon, we'd defer purchasing that CD on next visit. The problem was, when they came back, they had become much more popular, playing bigger theater type venues, and the magic of that night and that CD opportunity was all but lost in the process.

My friend blames me for that to this day ...

Fast-forward years later ... I ran into Paul Reddick and his band on queens st. pub and had to leave mid show ... but came back later and asked Paul if he had any CDs he could sell me? He had one in his briefcase, and he accepted $15. When my friend heard I'd ran into Paul and he was awesome, he asked fallaciously if I purchased the CD this time? When I showed him the CD, he snatched it from me grip claiming we were now "even-steven".

Luv my buds, but ...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Pinback
soaked, fortress,how we breathe

This is some good stuff to this mans ears...they have a ton of songs

To these ears too! Will queue it up on Tidal later to listen on the main system. Thanks a bunch.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
relatively recently ... met the man (Paul Reddick) in a small queen st. pub not all that long ago playing with his three piece band, he was superb ... (recommend CD:Rattlebag)
Makes me want to stand and play air guitar! Thanks for posting and intro.

TBone

Major Contributor
Makes me want to stand and play air guitar! Thanks for posting and intro.

Don't hurt yourself :p ... from an audiophile point of view, that night, Paul sang and played beautiful harmonica, he had a drummer and guitarist. The first thing I liked, they didn't play too loud, so typical a mistake made by too many acts. Anyway, luckily, Paul and his guitarist sat with us ... nice guys, I remember the guitar player being quite concerned about the bass lines, claiming his playing a bit too lean, but I assured him that from my particular spot ... it was sweet. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom