• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

CuteStudio

Thought I'd share the little known Annie Stela, brilliant singer/songwriter:

You can listen (and buy direct and download flac) for the album 'Fool' here https://anniestela.bandcamp.com/
which I'm currently rather liking. 'Counting Backwards' is my favourite on that.

She's extremely well hidden, I don't think I could manage such a seldom visited Youtube presence if I tried but there's some pure gold there.

esm

Forum Donor
Spotify suggested The Pack a.d. this morning after listening to a bunch of older Canadian bands, and had to check twice to make sure that Jack White hadn't started another band.
Highly compressed, heavily distorted, and don't care, I love it. :)

SiW

Malia - Convergance.

Current favourite album.

Great female vocals with wide frequency wide of music on most tracks (great bass quality and quantity).

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Beatles, Stones, Dire Straits... (rediscovered) the main reason I read gear reviews is to see what the reviewers are listening to. The latest $4k 30 wpc amp or $6k DAC is not in my future. My favorite "spins" are old, Miles Davis, Coltrane and the like. The "bootleg" More Blood and More Tracks is great.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Camille Pepin

Found her on Primephonic. BTW, why don't we hear more composers like her on classical music programming via public radio?

rajapruk

Forum Donor
My most recent discovery is Kristin Asbjørnsen. Her music matches my tastes 100% and it is delightfully recorded
R-1025196-1279740169.jpeg.jpg

Then you should check out Kari Bremnes.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_Bremnes

Burning Sounds

Cory Henry - The Revival project ha ha does me think of Flim an the BB's - Big Notes lots of Dynamics but this guy also realy swings an plays funny chords
Thanks for this - I was aware of his work with Snarky Puppy, but this is right up my street. I'm a big Jimmy Smith fan - there's nothing like a B3 in full flow. Trying to find First Steps but seems to be out of print.

escape2

Reyn Ouwehand is a talented multi instrumentalist and a producer. Below is his cover of Martin Galway's title music from Green Beret (a C64 game).

For those who are too young to remember the original :) it's here:

Oukkidoukki

Polarity- hoff ensemble..........I am edm guy so this guite wierd........but all edm sounds like shit after this.......there is dynamics, space, just beatiful.....with great dac etc., Breathtaking

Maat

Eurielle
Crossover young artist, reminiscent of Enya but more contemporary. Powerful, hauntingly beautiful vocal, emotional and engaging.

She also did some great covers:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That's one crazy getare. o_O

Top Bottom