• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

oceansize

Forum Donor
These guys are onto their third album, which is great because I've got another two to listen to :)

Minami Deutsch - Fortune Goodies. Krautrock from Japan

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
They're not new, but they were new to me in the past 12 months or so. Local, too (Vermont).
Dwight and Nicole.

AM88

After listening to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and the Sabri brothers, both who are arguably the best/most famous qawwals, I discovered Aziz Mian. The first video is of his perfomance, the second is a better sounding video of the song. He is absolutely mad!!
Be warned though not long by qawwali standards, these are not short songs but still best heard in their entirety.

napfkuchen

Shrezzers :D

The groove, the guitars, the singing ... and a sax - what a combo!

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
R&B singer Angela Easley released her EP Rise in 2022. From RootsMusicReport.com: "An ear-grabbing convergence of vocal and lyrical intensity awaits those checking out Ms. Easley’s latest drop. The Nashville-based singer/pianist’s convincing vocal passion shines on an all-too-short EP set of fresh-sounding, engaging collaborations. The lead-off torcher, 'I Can Let Go' is graced by McCrary Sisters backup for good measure. The anthem-like title track and the haunting closer, 'Crazy Rain' stand out as well." From Spotify: "Angela Easley is a powerful and dynamic vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, prolific songwriter, and radio show host on Radio Free Nashville. She performs with her 'Angela Easley Band', and has achieved wide recognition on the Nashville music scene." Below is the official video from the EP, another nice studio video, and a YouTube link to the full album. A nice first album. Please enjoy some nice R&B.

Angela Easley, "Rise," YouTube link, full album.

Metronomy

Cazale is the name of the musical project, born in 2018, by the saxophonist italiano Paolo Gradari (formerly Amycanbe) at the same time as the publication of the first Ep entitled “This is This”, a tribute to the Hollywood actor John Cazale.
jazz post rock

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Brooklyn-based composer, musician, and producer Faten Kanaan uses counterpoint as a narrative tool to create music that is mysterious, smudgy, bittersweet, and deeply melodic.
From the repetitive structures of modern minimalism and early music/baroque influences – to more languid textural ebbs & tides, there’s a warmth in her use of synthesizers that gives her work a curiously timeless feel. Composing intuitively, her music has often been described as ‘strange’, mostly because it creates its own world- one that isn’t easily categorised. In symbiosis with technology is an appreciation for the vulnerability of human limitations and nuances, and her live performances highlight her use of the piano keyboard as an extension of the self.

Faten Kanaan - Ebla

Oldasdrt

Discovered this totally by chance,
Off the Movie Babylon
All I can say is wow,
Voodoo Mama,
Justin Hurwitz

jsilvela

The Smile.

I say this half in jest, because "The Smile" is none other than Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood.
What brilliant guys.

The Smile - The Same

dfuller

Major Contributor
Nickel Creek. Super late to the party on this one, but wow.

robwpdx

I came across this pianist about 2-3 years ago. She is Ayse Deniz Gokcin, Turkish-born, Eastman, Royal Academy of Music.

She plays classical and arranges pop covers for piano. She is brilliant, relaxed, confident, and personable. is doing very well managing her social media presence where you can listen to much of her music for free.

She is active on Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and more, as well as streaming. She would be an inspiration for children studying piano!

(These ASR threads are a great source of new music!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom