• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

CuteStudio

I was thinking about the favourite artists I had, usually tucked away in playlists - so I thought I'd actually make a list of some of the better ones - but it got quite long so I posted it up here:
http://www.cutestudio.net/data/SeeDeClip4/music/index.php

With some notes. Some are new discoveries, I'm always looking which is why these threads are invaluable.
My latest finds are Susanne Sundfor, Anna Madsen and Chlara, with a few more obscure ones like Anna Of The North due for a bit more research.

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
St. Vincent. Great voice (though it is not evident on this track due to processing), modern recording with lots of processing effects, creative writing of music, the whole album is good really but here's the first track. Adventurous in subject matter.

StevenEleven

Forum Donor
This came up the other day on Pandora and I had to get the whole album. It made the drive to work a little more relaxing that day.

Super-cool--I'l be checking that album out! :)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A support slot discovery. She has a beautiful English folk voice that I don't understand how it can be so pure and still retain her regional accent (Somerset), I'm quite taken with the album this is from. She is delightful to chat to as well.

StevenEleven

Forum Donor
Veronica Swift--Saw her last night preforming with the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis. It's impossible to find anything on Youtube that does her justice. Just incredible, it's impossible to find anything of hers on Youtube that even remotely does her justice. She's only 24. I definitely hope she gets some traction and makes it big-time. When her first CD comes out I'll buy it just to support the music. I can think of some of the newer "jazz" singers who are easy on the eyes with pretty voices but are just singing the lyrics to standards and don't seem to have anywhere near this degree of talent, musicianship or dedication. As you can see Ms. Swift can give a sultry look if she has to but that's not really what she's about. https://www.veronicaswift.com/ (links to multiple videos). What she needs is an album with a high sound quality recording of her--just amazing. Give that woman a contract! Great scat singing here:

tomelex

Forum Donor
Epica. . . not sure what to think of this!!!

Very interesting, I sampled some of their other songs on youtube, they seem to be trying to understand and or to relate the sort of fight between good and evil and also to point out that we are responsible to make things right. Sort of like a story between good and evil in many (most?) of their songs. I found them refreshing in that they are talking about issues that are real, but they are just a little too heavy rock for me to consider for example recording them to my playlists. However, I do like those that step out the "song/singing formula mill" so I say good luck to them, they seem to have a following, a lot of songs on youtube. Thanks for finding these "extraordinary folks".

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In a different vein, Wolf Alice. I prefer their debut record to their most recent one, but both are great. They're adept at both pop and heavy.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And finally (for now), Angela Perley and the Howlin' Moons. A meld of 21st century woman-fronted vocals and rootsier/'70s style rock.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Keep them coming all, thoroughly enjoying my trial months of Tidal....

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cory Henry - The Revival project ha ha does me think of Flim an the BB's - Big Notes lots of Dynamics but this guy also realy swings an plays funny chords

BillH

Forum Donor
I found this recently - fun ensemble playing modern music

Top Bottom