• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

daniel_chris

Aled Jones’ daughter "Emilia" becomes overnight star after CODA wins Best Picture at Oscars​

British actress Emilia Jones, the daughter of British singer Aled Jones, became a Hollywood star overnight after making her debut at the 94th Academy Awards (Oscars 2022) where her film CODA won Best Picture.

Before taking to the stage with her fellow actors to receive the coveted trophy, the actress stole the show on the red carpet in a gold cut-out maxi dress from Dolce & Gabbana.

READ MORE > HERE

GettyImages-1388131410-e1648558078480.jpg

Gary_G

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Never Sol - LEON
(singer Sára Vondrášková from Czech republic)
I am not going to raise you a "Russell" against your Leon but...:oops:
However, I will see your "Sol" and raise you a "RUFUS"!
202204_RufusDuSol.jpg

No; not this Rufus Du Sol cut, although the youtube screen-capture (as above) is up our collective alley...
But the cut that is currently getting (too) much airplay on the Alt music-scene.
"Down on My Knees" song is the one that has become my current ear-wig!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to propose it again but the new Fontaines D.C. work came out yesterday, I think among the best records at the end of the year.
Just ordered the CD. What a strong song!

Metronomy

Just ordered the CD. What a strong song!
Ah watch the whole record is very nice, the unusual thing is that they made three records in three years all of a high standard. I'm going to hear them here in Milan in June in concert, I'll be the only fifty-year-old, but what do you want to do it ... passion.

F

freemansteve

Ah watch the whole record is very nice, the unusual thing is that they made three records in three years all of a high standard. I'm going to hear them here in Milan in June in concert, I'll be the only fifty-year-old, but what do you want to do it ... passion.

I have all the Fontaines since the fist CD came out, but won't be seeing them. I will however, be the only 64 y.o. at Rammstein in June! Apart from the friend I'm going with, who is 137 and a half.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My son turned me on to Catarinth:

Self described symphonic metal I consider it more ambient metal. Very nice.

Martin

Digital_Thor

Found this group.... a bit like Pentatonix, but even more like the Oak Ridge Boys:

Just awesome voices and ... no instruments.... just 5 voices :cool:

Metronomy

Garnier’s propulsion electronics blends very effectively with the psychedelic groove conceived by Lionel and Marie Limiñana: a perfect sound for clubs.

Metronomy

+Polychron+ They are an Italian duo (Aurelio Menichi + Gabriele Gai).
Collaborate ANNA DOMINO, BLAINE L. REININGER (who performs her extraordinary Italian in “Piano Astrale”)

Metronomy

Real Lies: It all started with a real estate ad: there was this large house in the open, in North London, which had been rented. Kev Kharas and Tom Watson, long friends, were just looking for a place to live, and they went to live there with some acquaintances.
Night after night, those who would become the Real Lies cemented their knowledge. They started making music together.
Genre indie sinth

Metronomy

Arcade Fire, new record; they return to the style of the first two albums.

Top Bottom