• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists Selling Catalogue Items

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I had this exact idea around 8 years ago. It popped into my head trying to wrap my head around bitcoin. Bitcoin was in the news for its rapid rise passing $200 all of a sudden, and I was trying to figure out what if anything you were buying. And why people were willing to spend money on it. I was trying to grok what you have beyond intrinsic value when something with none is nevertheless valuable.

During all that it popped into my head the intrinsic and lasting value of songs, music, and artist catalogues. Didn't take long to decide you wouldn't want to use that value as a base for a currency. But for weeks it was stuck in my head that doing exactly what this guy is doing was pretty much a sure thing. I didn't have the position, experience or capital in that business to do anything with the concept. But it always did seem fully sound to me. Much more sound than crypto-currencies.

Top Bottom