• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ARTA Ringversuch #3 - community measurement comparison project

stoneeh

Hello ASR members.

This is mostly aimed towards the German speaking audience; international participation is theoretically possible, but might be impractical due to shipping cost.

I and a few others are currently organizing a project to allow the community to compare / verify their acoustics measurements. The gist of it: a fixed test object / DUT is provided, shipped from participant to participant, and measured via a pre-determined program (frequency response, sensitivity, distortion). The results are sent in to the organizer and not shared until the end of project (to not influence results), at which point there will be a public presentation / analysis / comparison of all data.

Details:

ARV #3 Info Sheet (German)
ARV #3 Info Sheet (English, machine translated)

The current participants are varied. I will be measuring outdoor groundplane, another in an anechoic chamber, another with his NFS...

It will be an interesting comparison, to say the least.

Of course we would have a good look at any person who we would be sending expensive hardware to - but we do have a few places left. If you are willing, drop me a line via PM.

Regards
Stoneeh

Top Bottom