• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arny Krueger Has Passed Away

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I woke up with very somber mood to hear that our member ArnyK (Arney Krueger) passed away a few days ago: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/Arnold-Krueger-obituary?pid=188925019&view=guestbook

He is best known for popularizing ABX testing and championing blind audio listening tests in every online community he could.

Some of you may know from my past battles from Arny. We battled hard, really hard. It makes me choke up that we take audio so seriously at times as to cross the barriers of humanity that way. Shame on me for not backing off as I should have. As ultimately we were far more on the same side of the debate than the other way around.

It is with small solace that our relationship ended on a more positive note with him contributing as of late to our forum.

My deepest condolences go to his family and friends. Today is one of the saddest days I have experienced in recent memory. So please forgive me for not being able to say more. I will just end with this part from his obituary.

upload_2018-5-7_9-51-11.png

Rest in peace Arny.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Really sad news. Nothing from his postings would suggest he was in ill health. May he rest in peace.
He’ll be missed.

Timbo2

Sad news.

I found his posts here very thoughtful and will miss him.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very sad, he was one of the very knowledgeable members of the forum and will be much missed

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very sad. He was one of those who woke me up from my "dogmatic slumber" in audio, by insisting so vehemently on objectivity and blind testing, which ultimately led me to search for different audio solutions (and subsequently to disagree with him on some issues). He will be missed.

Last edited:

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Shocking and sad news indeed. I remember Arny from rec.audio newsgroups long before Forums, and always enjoyed his contributions. I'll miss him.

S

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
I was very happy to see him post here with somewhat more regularity in recent weeks. I hope he now is surrounded by peace and never has to even contemplate concepts like ABX and placebo any longer.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Wow, that's so sad. R.I.P.

Amir, you can always dedicate a forum here to him - the Arny Krueger ABX forum or the like.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
This is for Arny. May all comparisons be fair, level matched, and preferably blind. I drink to you, and give you images of my Technics 0510 comparator to keep you warm at night.

comparator1.jpeg

comparator2.jpeg

R.I.P.

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Very sad day. You come to sort of know folks who post on forums, and in that limited way, I always looked forward to what he had to say and his posts are an asset to this forum, I am glad he found a place here in his last days, a place where science means something. blessed peace Arny.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I too locked horns with Arny on rec.audio usenet back when I was paying $20/month for dialup access via a local bulletin board. It didn't have the internet actually, but it did have the usenet groups. Given no thought to how long ago that was until now.

RIP

Werner

A pillar of usenet/internet audio forums. I've known him since 1991.

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was only aware of Arny from his posts here, but I liked the way he firmly stood behind what he said and what he said was usually right on the mark. He will be missed.

Guermantes

I first encountered him via his PCAVTech website which was a great resource for PC audio in those days. I was happy to find him here again after many years. RIP, Arny.

Top Bottom