• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Argon Solo / Wiim Mini + Topping E50

Gga

Hello everyone,

I would like your help regarding two potential solutions for streaming:

-Argon Solo
-Wiim Mini + Topping E50

I do not own any other DAC, so in the first solution the job will be done by Argon's. Also, I do not use, nor I plan to use, Roon. I listen mostly from Tidal. Argon solo does not have Tidal Connect so you have to stream it through Chromecast at maximum 24/96.

Do you think that there going to be any audible difference between the two options for Tidal use?

Thank you!

Stopeter44

I have just arrived at a similar crossroads. I have the E50, It’s performance is beyond reproach, especially at the price.

I was looking at the wiim, or the blue sound node 2 or 2i (either 2nd hand). I’ve just discovered the Argon solo, and, right now, it’s on sale at 179 €.

What’s not to like ?

As to your question about tidal, I can’t answer, I don’t see any advantage of Tidal over, say, Qobuz. I’m looking for a DLNA renderer to use with Jriver into the coax input of the E50.

I am wondering, if it’s just what I am looking for !

Stopeter44

Update : Argon says DLNA works … by accident. If you know anything about IT, you will know that many IT processes work by accident. OK, they didn’t actually say that DLNA worked by accident, they said the don’t actively support DLNA with the SOLO’s implementation. Which to me, means that a firmware update could come along and wipeout that function, Too bad, for me, otherwise a great piece of kit, and certainly very interesting at 180 €.

Top Bottom