• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Argon Audio

Dankeschon

What WiFi security does the solo support, i.e.,wpa-2 or wpa-3 ?
I had considerable difficulties with the airplay setup procedure (from my iPhone), and I suspect it because of lacking wpa-3 support (which my network requires).
Your thoughts?
I think we have Wpa-2 here works fine here. I prefer Airplay on iPad as it works best.
You can if you want download Google Home on iOS and use Chromecast.

I have one issue that on iPad the issue with chromecast is that Tidal often forget its connected to Tidal and then you must use Google Home app to control.. and it has no album art.

But this is either Google and Apples fault, not Solos

Dankeschon

Chromecast only seems to play Tidal in Cd quality That’s 16/44 isn’t it?
Jriver plays 24/192 over upnp.

Power Amp is chromecast so think it’s also 24/96

Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

ads_cft222

Any news if tidal connect will be supported ? Is it a matter of licensing costs ? What is the difference in transmission type /quality when using mconnect to stream tidal compared to tidal connect ?

Jole

I'm the designer of the Argon Audio SOLO. Feel free to ask if you have any tech related questions.

-Michael
When you sending signal to Argon and have both output connected rca to AMP and coaxial to dac which one has advantage ( coax?) ....I will take off rca just I like to know rules how it works and test alone and with another dac

Dankeschon

Any news if tidal connect will be supported ? Is it a matter of licensing costs ? What is the difference in transmission type /quality when using mconnect to stream tidal compared to tidal connect ?
Argon said its not going to do TIDAL Connect in near future, but maybe that Chromecast or AirPlay does better Hi Rez….

On my wishlist is TIDAL Connect.

ads_cft222

Argon said its not going to do TIDAL Connect in near future, but maybe that Chromecast or AirPlay does better Hi Rez….

On my wishlist is TIDAL Connect.
Upnp is probably the best transmission protocol followed by chromecast in absence of connect feature . Airplay does not do high res.

Dankeschon

Upnp is probably the best transmission protocol followed by chromecast in absence of connect feature . Airplay does not do high res.

I use Upnp with Jriver Laptop and Jremote and Sony Ubp X700.

I don't have Roon as it is so expensive..

Poweramp from my phone also Work 24/96 over Chromecast.

Chromecast also Work on iPad, but I prefer Airplay as it works best on Tidal. The limits of Airplay is 24/44

Airplay 2 16/44 says Argon Solos specs.

Chromecast Tidal is the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom