• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal vs Revel Concerta2

Descartes

Major Contributor
So I am curious about which ones are best between Arendal S series vs Revel Concerta 2, some price ranges?
Please share both objective data & subjective opinions!

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
In addition to what Amir has measured on this site (M16, F35, C25), Revel spin data are available here:

F36 looks particularly good.

Erin measured 2 Arendal speakers in the lower line:

They also look good.

Arendal's published measurements are too smoothed to make any determination from them.

Both brands/lines look to be up to the task, so other factors may influence your choice. Where do you live, what finishes do you prefer, does your room and seating position benefit from the back tilt, etc.

I have heard the Revel F36 and walked away impressed enough to think I may have "wasted" a bit of money on my F206. I have not heard any Arendals, but I hope to.

fritobugger

In addition to what Amir has measured on this site (M16, F35, C25), Revel spin data are available here:

F36 looks particularly good.

Erin measured 2 Arendal speakers in the lower line:

They also look good.

Arendal's published measurements are too smoothed to make any determination from them.

Both brands/lines look to be up to the task, so other factors may influence your choice. Where do you live, what finishes do you prefer, does your room and seating position benefit from the back tilt, etc.

I have heard the Revel F36 and walked away impressed enough to think I may have "wasted" a bit of money on my F206. I have not heard any Arendals, but I hope to.

I've not heard the Arendal but their measurements do look good. That being said, I have the upgrade it but every time I try to find fault with my F36, I come away super pleased with how they sound. If they can be had at their somewhat recent sale prices (which is less than I paid), I feel the F36 is really hard to beat.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
I've not heard the Arendal but their measurements do look good. That being said, I have the upgrade it but every time I try to find fault with my F36, I come away super pleased with how they sound. If they can be had at their somewhat recent sale prices (which is less than I paid), I feel the F36 is really hard to beat.
Where are they on sale?

Top Bottom