• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal sent me CEA 2010 measurements for its 1961 Subwoofer 1S

hmt

Thanks for context. Can’t get Hsu in Europe. And I have to consider enclosure size because of space/spouse limitations. Cheers

Yes and the mentioned HSU is ported vs the sub 1s is sealed. The nice feature of the sub 1s is his small footprint. It looks like it has a bit more outpunt than the SVS SB2000.

OP
tonybarrett

tonybarrett

Yes and the mentioned HSU is ported vs the sub 1s is sealed. The nice feature of the sub 1s is his small footprint. It looks like it has a bit more outpunt than the SVS SB2000.
The SVS was the other option I was considering but the slimmer (though slightly taller) 1S is probably a bit easier to fit into my specific room

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Does anybody have any thoughts about the sub being side-firing? (Or am I wrong about that?) I am in the market for 2 satin black subs that look nice and have reasonable performance. These look surprisingly nice.

Zoide

I'm also interested to know if the side-firing setup makes any difference.

Also if anyone has compared the 1S against the SVS SB-2000 / PB-2000, XTZ 12.17 EDGE, or BK P12-300SB-PR.

Thanks

OP
tonybarrett

tonybarrett

I sent my order back without trying it, I’m afraid, because it couldn't be easily hidden In my room. Switched to shorter SVS SB2000. Not useful, sorry.

Top Bottom