• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal Monitor 1723 S vs KEF R3?

Descartes

Major Contributor
Which one would you choose based on measurements especially for three front channels in home theater?

SynthesisCinema

Which one would you choose based on measurements especially for three front channels in home theater?

There is folks at other forums which have heard both. Kef may have edge with music while Arendals are different beasts with movies. They throw massive soundstage and are lot more dynamic over R serie which were also more laid back compared to 1723. These can be played comfortably at ref or louder without becoming harsh. There is lot of owners at hifi-forum.de, avsforum.com, avforums.com . Especially if you have dedicated room the choice should be clear. Read up and you will get to same conclusion. Lots of good expensive speakers haven´t been able to do what the 1723/1723S does in theater enviroment!

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
They can be purchased from direct or internet retailers which both have good return policies. Go that route.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
They can be purchased from direct or internet retailers which both have good return policies. Go that route.
So are you suggesting that I should just buy both and see which ones I like and return the ones I don’t!
The problem is having to pay return shipping can be several hundreds of dollars.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
So are you suggesting that I should just buy both and see which ones I like and return the ones I don’t!
The problem is having to pay return shipping can be several hundreds of dollars.

If you are located in the US, yes that’s what I suggest.

Return shipping on these is relatively cheap. Crutchfield is free on the Kef bookshelf speakers. $75 to return tower speakers.
Arendal has a liberal return policy.

Look into it. That’s the route I’d go. Better than making a sole decision on data alone. You’ve used the data to narrow it down. Now try them out in your space.

Top Bottom