• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arendal 1723 vs 1723s

glacierbay

Hi everyone - Trying to decide between the Arendal 1723 and 1723s for a 5.2 setup, towers for the LR. Room dimensions are W17ft/D29ft/H7.5ft. HT/music ratio is about 70:30. I seem to have room for the 1723 but not sure if it's worth going for it over the 1723s. I'm not sure if For those who don't know, the only difference is 1723 = 4x8in woofers while 1723s = 4x6.5in woofers. Second question is whether anyone has thoughts on the 1723/1723s vs competitors in this price range? I'd also been considering a Kef R7/R2c setup among others. Obviously demoing all of these would be best, in home if need be as I haven't had luck finding demos in person, but I also wanted to solicit advice.

Neilsound

Hi,
This may be to late to be of any help, just saw your post now. I had the same question in my mind. I purchased the 1723 THX Monitors and would do it again. I realy love these speakers, they sound incredible.

Top Bottom