• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

• Total voters

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm very surprised by the high number of Yes votes.
Why?
It is rather easy in this day and age to get to a point where diminishing returns kick in so hard, that it no longer seems to be worth the hassle.

For instance: Since this forum has taught me very well that the whole electronic chain does not matter much, if I wanted to further improve my sound, I'd be looking at Sopra class transducers. Since I am neither a rich person nor have the luxury of owning a space in which I could provide optimal conditions and let loose, such an investment, while certainly awesome on paper, would be nonsensical if put into practice. I'm wired a bit weird that way, if sth. does not pass a logic test of actually being useful, it's not very desirable to me.

Should I ever find myself in my own house (fat chance, maybe next life^^), I am sure that would change.
Until then: there is more entertaining fish to fry.

Being content is an art worth pursuing. It's actually very relaxing, not to be constantly on the hunt for improvement.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Yes, but...

I'm happy with the 2 channel setup - F208, RME ADI2, Hypex nc400. However, i have used Revel s30 surrounds and an unopened c205 sitting in my garage in anticipation of a surround setup. I still need to pick up a proper subwoofer(or 2) and a reciever. But, I just won't have time to get into it until, probably, the new year - hence the but.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
speakers take up too much space & not enough bass

dasdoing

Major Contributor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I would also have appreciated a "My system" subforum.
We do have a place in the Members area called "The Kit We Bought, Our Current Setups"
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-kit-we-bought-our-current-setups.564/
I had pressed it a bit and hoped for a more organized, better approach, a pdf like fill-able available at other sites but couldn't raise the enthusiasm for it with the staff. :(
There is a bunch of stuff up there but it's all highly disorganized.

Hipper

lol, I wondered if this is a snus box in the first pic. google confirmed

I was told you are supposed to 'wear' them in your jean's back pocket to get that ring effect.

OIP.jpg

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Time for a bump to see if any of the new members care to vote or respond to the topic...

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I
I have nothing really left to buy.
I am satisfied. Very.
but ...
I am tempted in decreasing order, by:
JBL 708p. Very.
a pair of SVS SB3000 micro. Présent subs are adequate but take up lot of real estates.
A better projector or, if prices are below $10K, a 100 inches diagonal flatscreen TV.
HiFiMan HE6SE (waiting for Amir’s review;))
Denon AVR X3700

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am OK with it (them). But desire to take it to the next level. Not yet ready to purchase the next things yet though as I need to make some decisions about what will happen where in my house once the kindergarten pod is out of our ground floor.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I had a chance to buy a 77" LG GX for 2k(CAD$) under black friday prices, but lost out due to my wife not committing(it was through her father). So, while I was completely happy...the 65" tv that I am looking at has been bothering me for awhile.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I am satisfied, but never completely. I still can't listen to DSOTM in 4-channel, and my Focal Aria 948s don't have real wood veneer like the Sopras. A lot of the things I want don't even exist yet, like Sopras with wood veneer and a Kanta-style baffle, or Focal Utopia headphones that match the new Clear MG aesthetically. I was thinking about what colors might work well this morning when I brushed my teeth. And I need more and better analog meters around here.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Perfectly happy with my current basic system in sig below but after recently hearing a mates Hedd type 20 3 way actives in my room I feel a need to try a decent 3 way active that I can feasibly afford such as the Dynaudio LYD 48’s, should be a good match for electronic music at half the cost of the Hedd

mkawa

Forum Donor
the signal path in my living room system has too much noise and resampling (tv and dsp resp). it also needs room correction (waiting until i move)

really happy with everything else.

valerianf

An audio system is a work in progress for ever.
Three major updates are waiting for:

Cross-over of the FR and FL column speakers: I have a satisfying prototype design that need to be finalized.
Original crossover was crap.

Moving to an Onkyo TX-RZ50 if the hdmi2.1 is working well and Amir test this AVR (I may have to wait for next year).

Changing my Surround amplifier for a class D small form factor without hiss (if it exists).

Overall I am very satisfied with my system.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom