• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

• Total voters

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Happy with everything except my speakers and the room it's all placed in.

But I'm broke as a tooth fairy and living on a prayer, so I have other priorities.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My main system is a Devialet Original d'Atelier driving a pair of Goldmund Epilog 1&2 speakers. Inputs are a Goldmund Mimesis 36+ CD transport, a Goldmund Reference record player with Ortofon A90 cartridge and an iMac computer with USB connection which I can use for computer music if I bother to switch it on.
I also have configured one input as pass through with the front channel output from a Marantz AV7704 video thingy and the rear and centre channels connected to Meridian M33 active speakers.
I also have a slightly more weird system of a Job INTegrated driving a pair of Tune Audio Anima 109dB/watt horn speakers. I use a cheap Chinese Original Da Vinci CD player's digital output into the Job SPDIF input, a Lynx Theta FM tuner into its analogue input and on the rare occasion I want to stream I move the USB cable of the iMac from the Devialet to the Job.
I was massively keen on the Animas the first time I heard them, obviously since I bought them, and thought I would sell the Goldmunds but in the end I probably still listen more to the Goldmunds.
I also have a pair of Devialet Silver Phantoms but don't use them much since they need a software connection even if playing a CD.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
My main system is a Devialet Original d'Atelier driving a pair of Goldmund Epilog 1&2 speakers. Inputs are a Goldmund Mimesis 36+ CD transport, a Goldmund Reference record player with Ortofon A90 cartridge and an iMac computer with USB connection which I can use for computer music if I bother to switch it on.
I also have configured one input as pass through with the front channel output from a Marantz AV7704 video thingy and the rear and centre channels connected to Meridian M33 active speakers.
I also have a slightly more weird system of a Job INTegrated driving a pair of Tune Audio Anima 109dB/watt horn speakers. I use a cheap Chinese Original Da Vinci CD player's digital output into the Job SPDIF input, a Lynx Theta FM tuner into its analogue input and on the rare occasion I want to stream I move the USB cable of the iMac from the Devialet to the Job.
I was massively keen on the Animas the first time I heard them, obviously since I bought them, and thought I would sell the Goldmunds but in the end I probably still listen more to the Goldmunds.
I also have a pair of Devialet Silver Phantoms but don't use them much since they need a software connection even if playing a CD.

Goldmund has a Monte Carlo address, don’t they...?

BAA63AD2-4E07-42C9-A9AC-37B9EF597377.jpeg

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Goldmund has a Monte Carlo address, don’t they...?

View attachment 23310
There was a big store in Monaco, don't know whether there still is or if it is an independent dealer. I bought my stuff between 25 and 30 years ago when it was simply quite expensive - similar to Krell prices in France where I was living then. It is ridiculously expensive now, so Monaco and Singapore are probably ideal places for a shop...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I got discounts, sometimes large, on most of those components.
That's the great part of buying a bit more mainstream components. Most are updated every year or so and if you time your purchases right you can get BIG discounts on the near latest pieces.
Audyssey calibration vastly improved things.
Even the base Audyssey is capable of making great improvements to the integration of a subwoofer and smoothing the bass range.
Enjoy your rig!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Compared to the crowd, my system is super simple. LS50's, ML Dynamo 1000W sub, Crown XLS 1502, Topping D30, low end Intel Nuc. In the bedroom I have a Grace M9xx hooked up to a notebook used for other compute tasks and Sennheiser HD6xx cans. I listen to headphones when I am too tired to sit up.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a Home Theater system which I'll leave out (I do listen in surround sometimes).

My 2 channel audio system:

Sources

Digital:

Raspberry Pi/Logitech server feeding Benchmark Dac 1 (Tidal, ripped CDs). I have a newer Benchmark DAC2 usb as well - I've just been too lazy to get it in to my system.

Analog:

Transrotor Fat Bob S turntable.
12" Acoustic Signature tone arm.
Benz Micro Ebony L cartridge
JE Audio Phono stage

Amps:

Conrad Johnson Premier 12 140w/side monoblocks.
Conrad Johnson Premier 16 LS2 pre-amp.
Eico HF-81 integrated tube amp. I occaisionally throw this in to the system. Measures horribly re- stereophile measurements but I LOVE the sound.

Cables: Belden for speaker cables. Mish-mash of "whatever" for interconnect. I'm not "in to"cables so don't think much about them.

Speakers:

Thiel 2.7 - They are my main duty 2 channel speakers.
Waveform Mach MC monitors - very neutral, beautifully balanced sound within their frequency range.
MBL radialstrahler 121 monitors - Wonderful, spacious, 3D sound!
Spendor s3/5
Thiel 02
- (Very old pre-time/phase coherent model but sound so great I can't get rid of them)
Hales Transcendence 1 monitors.

Equipment I own, yet to be deployed:

JL Audio E110 subwoofers (2)
JL Audio CR-1 external crossover
Dspeaker anti-mode 2.0
(digital correction for subs)

I've wanted to try introducing subwoofers in to my system. Did a preliminary bit of fiddling, not satisfactory results. It's a b#tch to do subwoofers right and I'm lazy enough to keep putting off that project, so that equipment is still sitting around unused. Some day....

Hypnotoad

I'm as happy as the guy who buys a Bose Lifestyle system and tells all his friends about it, you can't get much happier than that.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Office / Mixing Studio:
iMac running Roon and ProTools
RME ADI-2 Pro
Dynaudio Lyd 5
Dynaudio 18S
Revox PR-99 MK II

various microphones

Living Room:
Devialet Expert 400
Dynaudio Contour 20
Michell Gyro SE

various Sennheiser, HifiMan, and AKG headphones for both

New to the systems:

Office / Studio:
2nd Revox PR-99 MK II

Living Room:
Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X subwoofers (2)
K&K Audio Premium SUT / Lundahl 1931

Tool

For now i'm only headphone user:

S HD800 + Asus Xonar Essence One (With some Upgrades)

The future plan is to change headphone cable on balanced one (1 XLR for 1 channel, waiting for parcel :)) and the Idea is to build full analog tube headphone amp.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Used to have a nice 5.1 system, took up a lot of space, gave it to my stepson, who has the room. Now am in a tiny apartment. So, ADS L400 speakers [metal cabinets] on short stands, a little self-powered sub, a Yahama AV receiver, a Sony DVD player functioning as CD source. For a 10' x 10' x 8' room, enough. And plenty of headphones and IEMs to go along with my DAPs. I'd probably upgrade the DAPs when I've got money, but for where I am right now, I'm fine.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I am quite happy with my system after my most recent upgrades.

I had a smaller main theater/living room in my last place, and was happy with my LS50's driven by my old Krell 250wpc amp paired with my Velodyne DD12BG. The newer place has me sitting further than the LS50's were happy with, so they moved to my office, and I have them set up with one Hsu Research SW10 (old cylindrical type).

To replace them I got JBL 708p's, and while I haven't done much much fine tuning yet, I think I can settle into these for a nice long time. I have them going with the DD12 and a second Hsu Sub. Between the 708p's sits a 65" LG Oled, and all is fed through the Integra 80.3 processor and/or the Nvidia Shield I use as my Roon endpoint and music server of sorts.
I also got 3x705p's, and am planning to set them up as center and surrounds in a 5.1 setup, and likely add on from there.

I have other rig's around the place, with the 'downstairs' theater setup with 7.1 from a Krell showcase processor, out to a Bryston 9bst and an Adcom 545 II, feeding an odd collection of Paradigm Studio 40's, a Revel CC, and Triad rears and surrounds. Subwoofer is an old paradigm monster...good for the basement.

Next thing I'm waiting for is a decent processor with 9.4.4 (atmos) with Dirac or equivalent.
That doesn't mean I'm not very happy now.

Whew...I'm exhausted after all this sharing...

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
10 month bump...

Nothing has changed here, except to get a bigger TV.

Archsam

Quite happy with my system (see my list of gears in my signature). I started playing with REW measurements in my room last week and nothing seemed to be fundamentally wrong. So I should be a happy camper.

..... but I still can't get rid of my itch to try a pair of Revel M105 / M106 / M126be, Focal Kanta no. 1, or KEF Reference 1....

Sigh.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Quite happy with my system (see my list of gears in my signature). I started playing with REW measurements in my room last week and nothing seemed to be fundamentally wrong. So I should be a happy camper.

..... but I still can't get rid of my itch to try a pair of Revel M105 / M106 / M126be, Focal Kanta no. 1, or KEF Reference 1....

Sigh.

Thank goodness cartridges are (relatively) cheaper than speakers.

Whenever I get a hankering for a different transducer flavor, I just switch carts.

Top Bottom