• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

• Total voters

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Satisfied when I am actually listening... too much time otherwise to think about upgrading. Really want a bigger listening room ...

kiwifi

Yes, but I'm still building another subwoofer. Hopefully this will be the last one, but I said that last time!

Honken

I am still very, very happy with my KH310A after owning them for about half a year. I've tried to stop myself from visiting this place to calm my upgraditis, because I know at this point - it is pointless. The road to get here was a bit long and windy, but I am now a firm believer in actives and studio monitors in particular. I only wish they looked a bit more... living room friendly.

My next big audio upgrade would be to move to a house, away from my current apartment. I can play loud here, but my listening room is a big compromise and I would love to have a dedicated room for listening.

Scrappy

Which one?.... Ha! Main room is ok but not done. Got Fostex PX5’s over Zenith Allegro 10’s. Robbed the amp for lows, so not workin. Deck system with a Dayton 8” hi and passive radiator outdoor speaker is just fine with the Carver amp I use lately (may still work..) I haven’t replaced volume controller nor a cable for my desk speakers: Fostex pm0.4 (old ones) on mic stands. Basement shop system with a carpeted Yamaha speaker driven by the Sony receiver robbed from the main system is fun. Room gain for low end is fun.

Tom Schneider

I'm mainly happy with my system as it is. My biggest focus area now is my room. In an ideal world I would build a dedicated listening room and build a system with much better components but what I have now will benefit greatly by my next phase of room treatment and speaker placement.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Started reading the thread and liked a few things on page one then realised that was 2016.

Voted yes, but …

Listening space is provisional but working quite well. I have a baby Krell and want to get a proper over-the-top one for no good reason. Maybe some additional room treatment experiments. Or multi-channel for a new can of worms.

Zog

I am happy with my kit. But the question was not 'happy' but 'satisfied'. I am afflicted with Audiophilia Nervosa and so, alas, will never be satisfied. I am told there are cures such as an inheritance; but that is a pipe dream as I have no wealthy aunts or uncles who will pop their clogs let alone think of me. My only hope is some silver speaker cables. But even then they will need to be annealed for 20 years before the Cellos in LvB's 7th transport me to the Gewandhaus.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Started reading the thread and liked a few things on page one then realised that was 2016.

Yeah, it's been here a while.

I don't think I bought anything since then.

I thought my headphones were more recent, but...

1666661845718.png

I guess I'm not supporting the audio industry as well as some others.

Spending more time in the air than in front of the speakers these days (if you discount the TV time)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The obligatory 16-month bump...

Poll above...

Last edited:

Repdetect

Forum Donor
Yes, they'll bury me with my speakers. Still very happy after 9 years.

Biggest change is moving from a 3-ch Emotiva xpa-3 (56lbs) and a 5 ch. xpa-5 (70lbs.) , both 200w rms/ch., to desktop class-d amps , except for Buckeye 2ch NC502MP.

Last edited:

GaryY

Forum Donor
I'm absolutely happy with my system and know there is no fault of it. Limiitation is really by room what I can't sell and buy a new one.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Upgraded my vote to "Yes" since getting my home theater installed and dialed in. But...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Maybe I said this before?
I'm very much happy with my system,
Hate my room.

Platypus20

Forum Donor
I have 2 systems, one in the back room and one in the dining room. Both use the same model transport, DAC, pre-amp and amps. The only difference is the dining room system uses KEF R3 Metas on their stands and the back room uses a set of Acarion Alon IV speakers (12’ woofers in a sealed box and the mid and tweeter, in an open baffle). The Alons have one ripped woofer and a one that crackles in the other, either needs to be repair or replaced. I looking at new speaker later this week. No TV screens, computers or equalization, old school 2 channel stereo.

Mikig

Maybe I said this before?
I'm very much happy with my system,
Hate my room.

same problem: room too large 9 meters x 6 meters by 3 meters high.

I can do anything with it because it's in the cellar, so I don't disturb anyone, it has three 50cm solid brick walls, two of which are underground, and the floor is on the ground, so few rumbles, but it's too big.

I'd like to raise a wall and cut away part of it, but how do I get the proportion right? once the wall is built it is difficult to go back…

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
C491BEDA-3E98-4349-A844-12BDE7BB7C16.jpeg
Always slightly disappointed in my Sonus Faber Venere 3.0. They are EQed with Equalizer APO and now with EQ sound lovely on most things. Piano they fall down on. The sound suggests that the waterfall should be bad but they measure quite nicely. The DIY bookshelves with Scanspeak Revelator drivers just sound better. When I get my family room renovated the towers and matching centre and surrounds will be the theatre speakers and the Scanspeak bookshelves will be my music speakers.

Sined

Yes but...

I'm looking forward to receiving my new Buckeye Purifi amplifiers (2 X 3 channels) for my 3 way active speakers to replace the current one who is dying slowly one channel at the time... As soon as I received them, I will certainly be able to vote a "full Yes" !

Top Bottom