• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

• Total voters

watchnerd

Major Contributor
Beer Hero
Office / Mixing Studio:
iMac running Roon and ProTools
RME ADI-2 Pro
Dynaudio Lyd 5
Dynaudio 18S
Revox PR-99 MK II

various microphones

Living Room:
Devialet Expert 400
Dynaudio Contour 20
Michell Gyro SE

various Sennheiser, HifiMan, and AKG headphones for both

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
My main system is a Devialet Original d'Atelier driving a pair of Goldmund Epilog 1&2 speakers. Inputs are a Goldmund Mimesis 36+ CD transport, a Goldmund Reference record player with Ortofon A90 cartridge and an iMac computer with USB connection which I can use for computer music if I bother to switch it on.
I also have configured one input as pass through with the front channel output from a Marantz AV7704 video thingy and the rear and centre channels connected to Meridian M33 active speakers.
I also have a slightly more weird system of a Job INTegrated driving a pair of Tune Audio Anima 109dB/watt horn speakers. I use a cheap Chinese Original Da Vinci CD player's digital output into the Job SPDIF input, a Lynx Theta FM tuner into its analogue input and on the rare occasion I want to stream I move the USB cable of the iMac from the Devialet to the Job.
I was massively keen on the Animas the first time I heard them, obviously since I bought them, and thought I would sell the Goldmunds but in the end I probably still listen more to the Goldmunds.
I also have a pair of Devialet Silver Phantoms but don't use them much since they need a software connection even if playing a CD.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
My main system is a Devialet Original d'Atelier driving a pair of Goldmund Epilog 1&2 speakers. Inputs are a Goldmund Mimesis 36+ CD transport, a Goldmund Reference record player with Ortofon A90 cartridge and an iMac computer with USB connection which I can use for computer music if I bother to switch it on.
I also have configured one input as pass through with the front channel output from a Marantz AV7704 video thingy and the rear and centre channels connected to Meridian M33 active speakers.
I also have a slightly more weird system of a Job INTegrated driving a pair of Tune Audio Anima 109dB/watt horn speakers. I use a cheap Chinese Original Da Vinci CD player's digital output into the Job SPDIF input, a Lynx Theta FM tuner into its analogue input and on the rare occasion I want to stream I move the USB cable of the iMac from the Devialet to the Job.
I was massively keen on the Animas the first time I heard them, obviously since I bought them, and thought I would sell the Goldmunds but in the end I probably still listen more to the Goldmunds.
I also have a pair of Devialet Silver Phantoms but don't use them much since they need a software connection even if playing a CD.
Goldmund has a Monte Carlo address, don’t they...?

BAA63AD2-4E07-42C9-A9AC-37B9EF597377.jpeg

Frank Dernie

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Goldmund has a Monte Carlo address, don’t they...?

View attachment 23310
There was a big store in Monaco, don't know whether there still is or if it is an independent dealer. I bought my stuff between 25 and 30 years ago when it was simply quite expensive - similar to Krell prices in France where I was living then. It is ridiculously expensive now, so Monaco and Singapore are probably ideal places for a shop...

Dialectic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
There was a big store in Monaco, don't know whether there still is or if it is an independent dealer. I bought my stuff between 25 and 30 years ago when it was simply quite expensive - similar to Krell prices in France where I was living then. It is ridiculously expensive now, so Monaco and Singapore are probably ideal places for a shop...
I don't believe the Monaco Goldmund store is still open.

The Singapore dealer for Goldmund is independent and is also the exclusive dealer for Wilson Audio products in Singapore and Malaysia. Oddly for an audio store in Singapore, that store is in not the Adelphi Mall but a slightly more remote mall that appears to be inhabited largely by dubious massage parlors.

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
I got discounts, sometimes large, on most of those components.
That's the great part of buying a bit more mainstream components. Most are updated every year or so and if you time your purchases right you can get BIG discounts on the near latest pieces.
Audyssey calibration vastly improved things.
Even the base Audyssey is capable of making great improvements to the integration of a subwoofer and smoothing the bass range.
Enjoy your rig!

Ron Texas

Major Contributor
Compared to the crowd, my system is super simple. LS50's, ML Dynamo 1000W sub, Crown XLS 1502, Topping D30, low end Intel Nuc. In the bedroom I have a Grace M9xx hooked up to a notebook used for other compute tasks and Sennheiser HD6xx cans. I listen to headphones when I am too tired to sit up.

MattHooper

I have a Home Theater system which I'll leave out (I do listen in surround sometimes).

My 2 channel audio system:

Sources

Digital:

Raspberry Pi/Logitech server feeding Benchmark Dac 1 (Tidal, ripped CDs). I have a newer Benchmark DAC2 usb as well - I've just been too lazy to get it in to my system.

Analog:

Transrotor Fat Bob S turntable.
12" Acoustic Signature tone arm.
Benz Micro Ebony L cartridge
JE Audio Phono stage

Amps:

Conrad Johnson Premier 12 140w/side monoblocks.
Conrad Johnson Premier 16 LS2 pre-amp.
Eico HF-81 integrated tube amp. I occaisionally throw this in to the system. Measures horribly re- stereophile measurements but I LOVE the sound.

Cables: Belden for speaker cables. Mish-mash of "whatever" for interconnect. I'm not "in to"cables so don't think much about them.

Speakers:

Thiel 2.7 - They are my main duty 2 channel speakers.
Waveform Mach MC monitors - very neutral, beautifully balanced sound within their frequency range.
MBL radialstrahler 121 monitors - Wonderful, spacious, 3D sound!
Spendor s3/5
Thiel 02
- (Very old pre-time/phase coherent model but sound so great I can't get rid of them)
Hales Transcendence 1 monitors.

Equipment I own, yet to be deployed:

JL Audio E110 subwoofers (2)
JL Audio CR-1 external crossover
Dspeaker anti-mode 2.0
(digital correction for subs)

I've wanted to try introducing subwoofers in to my system. Did a preliminary bit of fiddling, not satisfactory results. It's a b#tch to do subwoofers right and I'm lazy enough to keep putting off that project, so that equipment is still sitting around unused. Some day....

Hypnotoad

I'm as happy as the guy who buys a Bose Lifestyle system and tells all his friends about it, you can't get much happier than that.

Top Bottom