• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you moving from Roon+Tidal/Qobuz to a Major HiFi Streaming Service?

Are you moving from Roon+Tidal/Qobuz to a major HiFi streaming service?

• Total voters

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I did over a year ago, right when Amazon Ultra HD came out. I am a little disapointed there is nothing like an Echo link that outputs full Ultra HD digital, but a PC and audio interface is doing the job fine for now. I would absolutely love to see the Atmos catalog that is restricted to Echo Studio speakers opened up to hifi. Overall, I am OK with it and won't change until a competitor offers a better value.

I buy a lot ov vinyl and it is nice to be able to preview everything. I also prefer digital for anything with significant low bass or dynamic range like Infected Mushroom or Lang Lang.

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Actually I'm just staying with Apple Music. Their recommendations are spot on for me.

If Spotify lossless comes out we'll probably upgrade my wife's account to a family account, while keeping Apple Music, just for better device integration.

I have no intention to ever subscribe to Roon, i.e. pay to listen to music I already own or subscribe to.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Sticking with LMS and Qobuz for now, as the majors (other than Spotify) are too closed and proprietary for open-source systems.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazon music recommendations are really bad. No idea what is wrong with it. I like the library, the files, and the price. Connectivity is acceptable, but they have a long way to go.

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like Amazon HD for general use across genres. Amazon has spotty classical coverage, so also use Idagio, which has better search and better new ideas. Savings on Amazon pays for Idagio. I can get music ideas elsewhere than Amazon. I kind of like having "ultra" on Amazon via straight FLAC playback (i.e. no MQA) in exclusive mode, but in the end I don't miss it on Idagio (which is CD quality)\; not a big diff between 24/44.1 and higher resolutions if you're listening to the music more than equipment, and if you're not being really analytical and doing A/B comparisons.

Nicolaas

As soon as Spotify goes lossless I will take a subscription. Currently I hardly use the free tier of Spotify. Fortunately Spotify does have an app for Linux.
In my day to day use I mostly play my numerous FLAC files from my Linux Mint Xfce 20.1 NUC with Audacious to my Topping D90 DAC. And my wife streams local jazz radio from her tablet via BT to the D90.
No idea why I would need Roon and will be perfectly happy when Spotify lossless is available!

ummeh0584

Currently Spotify is the best music server I think. So I recently move to that platform.
If anyone needs to transfer playlist between more than 50 server, you can check MusConv tool. This is an amazing tool to transfer playlist.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Currently Spotify is the best music server I think. So I recently move to that platform.
If anyone needs to transfer playlist between more than 50 server, you can check MusConv tool. This is an amazing tool to transfer playlist.
Nice job on your software, congratulations

Top Bottom