• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you a gamer/gamer's dad? - Share your favorite video games...

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Fernando

Forum Donor
Elite Dangerous, of course! o7

5DE32643-D7AB-4B57-A81A-D6ACAE000C22.jpeg

concorde1

Celeste This game is amazing. It makes you think of the preciousness of life and fragility of the mind. 10/10
index.php

Portal 2 Amazing too, this is like a classic love story tragedy blended with an artificially enhanced history of science and the amazement of human discovery. 10/10
ss_f3f6787d74739d3b2ec8a484b5c994b3d31ef325.1920x1080.jpg

Portal Moving story of isolation, plus the best ever ending song.
portal.jpg

Half-Life 2 It's so cool. Great story and characters you can feel for.
hl2.jpg

Amnesia: The Dark Descent A castle setting blended with fantasy elements in a scary game.
index.php

Penumbra: Overture & Penumbra: Black Plague Not the most fun, but worth experiencing and especially the latter is very scary.
penumbra.jpg

VVVVVV A very cool short game with awesome music.
vvvvvv.jpg

The Witness Amazing puzzle game that is very difficult at least for me. The sound design is also nothing short of fantastic.
index.php

And racing simulators.

Attachments

• witness.jpg
    witness.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 251
  • amnesia.jpg
    amnesia.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 20230121103034_1.jpg
    20230121103034_1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 246

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
The Witness Amazing puzzle game that is very difficult at least for me. The sound design is also nothing short of fantastic.

Really, really good game. I got stuck at some puzzle the first time I played it and moved on. I'll have to give it a shot again.

But seeing your post made me think of The Talos Principle, so now I'm playing that instead :)

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Played mostly in the late 90s: games from Cyan. Myst, Riven, Uru, Myst V. I think Riven was the pinnacle. Uru was full of undeveloped promise. Didn't really like what Ubisoft did with 3 and 4 in the series. V was a hash of leftover things from Uru. There was such a strong idea and storyline behind Myst, but then it got sidetracked into puzzles for puzzles sake. Riven had the right balance and amazing graphics. The newer offerings from Cyan don't grab me, but I am glad they are still alive and making games. I just got out of that time in my life when I could sit and spend a couple of hours a night at such things. But I have some fond memories of their work, for sure.

FlyingFreak

PS5 user here.
best game I played last year, in no particular order:
Hollow Knight
Elden Ring
Sekiro

since I started playing Souls game, I don’t care much for anything else, but I keep trying. Just started Cult of the Lamb and mean to give TMNT a try,. The one on nintendo was one of my first videogame.

MRC01

Major Contributor
Portal 2 Amazing too, this is like a classic love story tragedy blended with an artificially enhanced history of science and the amazement of human discovery. 10/10

Portal Moving story of isolation, plus the best ever ending song.
+1 to that. Portal and Portal 2 are the best video games I ever played. Minecraft is a close second. My daughter and I spent many hours in Minecraft building some really neat worlds, castles, farms, underwater fortresses, iron golems, etc. Great memories there and I still have those worlds on my server.

henologist

I've been having a lot of fun with Hi-Fi Rush, the latest from Tango Gameworks (The Evil Within, Ghostwire: Tokyo). Their founder Shinji Mikami has a lot of horror experience (Resident Evil, Dino Crisis) and that's been Tango's output until now, so it's refreshing for them to revisit Mikami's action oeuvre too (God Hand, Vanquish). Hi-Fi Rush is definitely another character action game in the Devil May Cry / Bayonetta vein, but you deal more damage if you perform actions on-beat, and the whole presentation is synchronized to the rhythm perfectly. The original soundtrack is great, and most boss fights are paired with licensed tracks from artists like Nine Inch Nails, The Black Keys, Number Girl, etc. It's on Xbox/PC through Game Pass and it's pretty short if you want to turn the difficulty down and enjoy the ride.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Been playing the story mode campaign of The Long Dark lately. Wintermute.

Really nice post apocalyptic survival game in a relentless winter setting.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Been playing smash brothers on Switch with my youngest and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom with my older one. It's been great fun!

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On my VR windows PC I have been playing Blade and Sorcery, or as my kids call it, "The stabby game." It is fantastic immersive virtual reality sword fighting fun. There are some excellent mods for it that allow you to do everything from Swing tree trunks around and squash people like an Ogre to a full on Star Wars lightsaber battle royal game.

shuppatsu

I’ve been playing Unraveled 2 with my 11-year old. A very low stress co-op platformer. It’s not much, but it’s nice time spent together.

On my own I’ve played both Last of Us games more times than I can count, and have played Slay the Spire for more hours than ten people ought to.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I figured that there might not be another opportunity in my lifetime for vegging out with video games, like the recent pandemic! And I didn't have to buy them for the occasion either: For a time, I was buying and setting aside for "Someday". And Someday arrived in 2020. What a swell, guilt-free time to indulge. Stuff I completed:

Obduction (Steam)
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 3DS)
Thimbleweed Park (Nintendo Switch)
Yokai Watch (Nintendo 3DS)
Oxenfree (Nintendo Switch)

Still haven't finished Ni No Kuni.
Ni no Kuni.jpg

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Already been said, but damn Witcher 3 is ridiculously good. Red Dead is up there too, but the story line is is a bit of a railroad, still great though.

Top Bottom