• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you a gamer/gamer's dad? - Share your favorite video games...

Rescue911

Need for speed all.
STALKER all + Narodnaya Soljanka + dmx mod
Metro all.
Sniper Ghost Warrior all.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FYI save some $$$$$$

sealman

Forum Donor
Love that game and all in the series but version 2 has a special place in my lil heart....lol. It's brutal and fun to play.
Lol, it was the opposite for me. Farcry 2 was just so different from #1 I just could not get into it and quit around the 1/4 mark. Fast forward 4-5 years and I bought "3" on sale and loved it, go figure.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Lol, it was the opposite for me. Farcry 2 was just so different from #1 I just could not get into it and quit around the 1/4 mark. Fast forward 4-5 years and I bought "3" on sale and loved it, go figure.
Version 3 is the next favorite of mine in the series. The baddies are funny. Far Cry 2 is a bit rough on the player in that that quinine for malaria is a real clincher on success or death and the rogues are a bit savage in numbers. I play as a sniper and I avoid as much run and gun as possible in Ver2 because it results in being overwhelmed with rogues.

sealman

Forum Donor
Version 3 is the next favorite of mine in the series. The baddies are funny. Far Cry 2 is a bit rough on the player in that that quinine for malaria is a real clincher on success or death and the rogues are a bit savage in numbers. I play as a sniper and I avoid as much run and gun as possible in Ver2 because it results in being overwhelmed with rogues.
Another game I forgot about that I really liked was Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Another game I forgot about that I really liked was Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
Yes, those games have good potential for some good times. I am presently somewhere I guess about 30% thru Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands and there's still so many missions, so many frags of baddies and just stuff to be done that I'm not sure I'm going to complete it...lol. It's very good value for the money.

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I forgot to add recent VR titles to my list! If you haven't tried it, I would strongly recommend:

Half Life Alyx
Lone Echo (1 and 2)
Red Matter (both but 2 is better)
Resident Evil
Obduction
Saints and Sinners

And Apple 2e Vintage (just to show my age):

Zork 1 2 and 3
Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress
Twala's last redoubt
Star Blazer
Space Quest (first 4)
Kings Quest (first 3)

Peluvius

Forum Donor
Massive time sink challenge accepted:

Forza.JPG

Scrappy

Well I’ve been playing roller coaster tycoon for 20 years... ha! Engineering for fun, I love it. OpenRCT2 is awesome, and continues to add more features that allow crazy ideas.

I didn’t play video games in college as I had far better things to do. After I graduated, I played a lot on my brothers’ and my childhood Xbox. Old graphics but great stories. Sunk tons of hours into the very first ghost recon and morrowind. It is pretty nonfunctional now.

Bought a cheap refurb Xbox one to play Far Cry 4- more on that. Otherwise, pretty much bought a game for each winter. Assassin’s creed 3, “customize your pirate ship” was awesome, sieging naval bases is way fun. GTA 5 was pretty cool.

Far Cry 4 is a masterpiece IMO, and gave me a chance to really enjoy my surround sound rig. I bought a cheap HDMI audio extractor, and summed L/R/sub/ center into each of my full range mains, and surround to the surround. In the symmetrical room, audio was so immersive I turned off all HUD. It was awesome hearing arrows flying past my head in the dark forest. In firefights I could still hear enemy positions. So much fun. Surround sound really only works for first-person like that.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Hmm.. Grim Dawn has been in my "folder of shame" on Steam for a long time. Maybe I should give it a shot.

BTW, judging by my own games list on Steam, CryoFall seems to be my personal greatest poison.

Last edited:

Prana Ferox

Hmm.. Grim Dawn has been in my "folder of shame" on Steam for a long time. Maybe I should give it a shot.
If you liked Diablo II but III got too repetitive / cartoonish, it's worth a shot.

Recommendations:
- Get GDStash, don't use it to flat out cheat, but I don't consider infinite stash or cloning characters to tinker with them cheating
- Go on the Crate forums and look at some of the starter builds to learn about the damage / resist etc mechanics. The game wants you to eventually make multiple characters with varying builds so you don't have to pick the perfect meta for your first one.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My 11 yr old an I had a fantastic time playing Zelda breath of the wild together. Amazing open world when you can truly just go anywhere you want and explore.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
If you liked Diablo II but III got too repetitive / cartoonish, it's worth a shot.

Love the original Diablo. Also like Diablo II, but I've never played III. Torchlight is too cartoonish for my taste though.

Recommendations:
- Get GDStash, don't use it to flat out cheat, but I don't consider infinite stash or cloning characters to tinker with them cheating
- Go on the Crate forums and look at some of the starter builds to learn about the damage / resist etc mechanics. The game wants you to eventually make multiple characters with varying builds so you don't have to pick the perfect meta for your first one.

I'm not dedicated enough for that. I always pick the barbarian in hack n' slash games and brute force my way through.

Bashing heads and wasting time is what I like :D

sealman

Forum Donor
Love the original Diablo. Also like Diablo II, but I've never played III. Torchlight is too cartoonish for my taste though.

I'm not dedicated enough for that. I always pick the barbarian in hack n' slash games and brute force my way through.

Bashing heads and wasting time is what I like :D
Picking any class in Grim Dawn without understanding how abilities mesh together to produce huge amounts of damage compared just throwing points into what sounds good will result in a frustrating time. Find a class guide online and pick out a "barbarian" type and at least semi follow the build and you will be fine.

Top Bottom