• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you a gamer/gamer's dad? - Share your favorite video games...

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The last game I played was River Raid! Atari?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems by some of the replies that gaming and music are a match made in heaven.
If anyone accuses you as being a dope game-player; you can instead show them your expensive audiophile hardware.
And if anyone accuses you of being obsessed with music; you can try to impress them with your gaming rig. :cool:

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
Amiga was the best.

Currently, all from CI Games / Ubisoft FPS Sniping games. I would love to play strategy games, but they take so much time...

chad2

Ashen on the switch is one of the best action RPG's ever made, it is skill based but also very simple.

raif71

Major Contributor
I just couldn't fathom my children's game so I don't really join them. During MCO, I installed MAME (arcade game emulator) and downloaded ROM games from when I was a teenager. The early Raiden series and 1942 are my favourites and some of the Nintendo Game & Watch games. I wonder if Doom can be played on MAME.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice thread, didn't notice it before. Recently I've squandered a few hours in the modest, but free, AD. I was quite good at Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament (bombing run was really fun), and enjoyed very much Half Life and Portal ("momentum is conserved between portals" :D) series. Doom 3 as also good, but a bit scary :eek:. I don't know if will play shooters again... who knows...

D

Deleted member 47224

I've been on gaming since forever it seems, both on PC and console. It's hard make a list of my favourite but the first I played will always be in their : Secret of Mana and Zelda A Link to the Past.

Otherwise :
Diablo franchise
Heroes of might and magic franchise
Shadowrun franchise
Counter-Strike franchise
World of Warcraft (spent why to much time on this one...)
Older tomb raider
Rogue Legacy
Binding of Isaac
Samorost franchise (soundtracks of those are amazing)
Final fantasy 7, 8, 9
Breath of fire franchise
Star Ocean 2
Sonic franchise (2d and 3d)
Metroid franchise
Hollow knight
Fez
Chrono trigger / cross
Some fighting games
I'm sure I am missing some

I've also done some speedrunning of metroid games. Since 2010 I play mostly games from independent studios. And since last year I have been hooked to Genshin Impact on PS4. But to be faire I play a lot less since a couple of years.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BBC_Micro_Elite_screenshot.png

I wasted so much time in the 80's on Elite that I think it cured me for life. Knowing I can at time have an addiction to such things has kept me on the straight and narrow path ever since except for a decent Solitaire on my phone.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Few things beat playing Doom Eternal, particularly The Blood Swamps, with a home cinema and, most crucial, big subwoofers, blasting the music.

D

Deleted member 47224

Few things beat playing Doom Eternal, particularly The Blood Swamps, with a home cinema and, most crucial, big subwoofers, blasting the music.
Well I would argue it depends on what is your kind of game. I can assure you that playing Genshin Impact with a good HiFi set-up is one of the most immersive experience I had, especially during combat. This game has an impressive orchestral soundtrack.

Japanese inspired music from the last update (the well known Kodo band is playing on the taikos, and I had the pleasure to see them live in Lyon, if can go to one of their live, just do it) :

An older one :

And every track is just as good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Final Fantasy VII Remake is another game that benefits a lot from a good sound system.

The case of Doom works for me because I love how it reminds me from concerts of bands like Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Ministry, old Nine Inch Nails...

Scot_Douglas

Well I would argue it depends on what is your kind of game. I can assure you that playing Genshin Impact with a good HiFi set-up is one of the most immersive experience I had, especially during combat. This game has an impressive orchestral soundtrack.

Japanese inspired music from the last update (the well known Kodo band is playing on the taikos, and I had the pleasure to see them live in Lyon, if can go to one of their live, just do it) :

An older one :

And every track is just as good.
I saw Kodo in Chicago, heck, 25-30 years ago. It was incredible.

Top Bottom