• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are there ear buds that cancel SOME noise?

Bau

Hey all! I'm looking for ear buds that can cancel wind noise / some noise - I work in a deli and the ovens and fans get really loud, and I worry it will damage my hearing eventually. However, I still need to be able to hear customers and coworkers. Are there any solutions for this, or am I SOL?

Dimifoot

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
AirPods Pro

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The other option if you want to be able to converse and hear but block stuff that is not within the human voice frequency range then get a custom set of hearing protectors. They use alginate to make a casting of your ear and ear canal and then they custom make the hearing protection to fit your ear. They work reallly well. I used to use them in industrial work where we had grinders and machines running and I could easily have a conversation with peeps.

nerdstrike

The shotgun crowd use ear defenders that amplify the speech range. No idea if that exists in earbud form.

Do bear in mind that in many countries your employer has some obligations with respect to the working environment not being harmful to you. It's an ugly process to get the regulations enforced, so I can also see the point in finding your own solution.

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
rtings-earbuds-noise isolation.JPG

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Etymotic makes several hearing protection/enhancement products. Don't know if they have a product that meets your exact needs.

litemotiv

Hey all! I'm looking for ear buds that can cancel wind noise / some noise - I work in a deli and the ovens and fans get really loud, and I worry it will damage my hearing eventually. However, I still need to be able to hear customers and coworkers. Are there any solutions for this, or am I SOL?

Do you mean for audio or for simply filtering noise?

For the latter case i use a pair of these that work quite well:

Worksafe-earplug-diy-construction-content-alpine-hearing-protection.jpg

They only cost about $15,-

Top Bottom