• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are the ATH ws1100is a good pair of headphones for strong and precise bass which doesn't overpower other frequencies?

Frugert

I've been looking for a pair of headphones which are good for gaming and casual music listening. Generally, I've been looking for headphones which are acuurate when it comes to footsteps and smaller details but also have life to them in the lower ends.
I tend to listen to orchestral and movie soundtracks, such as GoT, Westworld and interstellar.
Would you recommend these headphones for these sorts of tasks?
On a side note I'm upgrading from the HyperX Cloud Stingers so I have virtually no experience in the mid to higher end audio space.

(sorry for the shit terms, I'm anything but experienced in the audio side of things)

Thanks!

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If sound quality the reason that you want new headphones, I would recommend giving equalization a shot before buying anything. If you're running Windows, you can download Equalizer APO + Peace GUI for free and I could make you an EQ profile (also for free).

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What is it that you are going to use the headset for? PS4/XBOX/PC/Switch? Do you need a mic or not? Open or closed?

My favorite all in one is the Cooler Master MH752, with its included really, really good mic. Balanced sound with great imaging with a good bass repsonce. Included USB AMP/DAC that works really good with the headset and you can program the EQ with the downloadable software. I find the HyperX Cloud Sticger to be a medioker gaming headset and useless for music, and I'm not sure that any EQ will fix that, but it's worth a try.

thomasjast

A very important aspect of headphones for gaming is soundstage, so if that’s a positive aspect on that pair, it would be a good choice.

Krunok

Major Contributor
If sound quality the reason that you want new headphones, I would recommend giving equalization a shot before buying anything. If you're running Windows, you can download Equalizer APO + Peace GUI for free and I could make you an EQ profile (also for free).

So, you have measured this headphones before?

OP
F

Frugert

What is it that you are going to use the headset for? PS4/XBOX/PC/Switch? Do you need a mic or not? Open or closed?

My favorite all in one is the Cooler Master MH752, with its included really, really good mic. Balanced sound with great imaging with a good bass repsonce. Included USB AMP/DAC that works really good with the headset and you can program the EQ with the downloadable software. I find the HyperX Cloud Sticger to be a medioker gaming headset and useless for music, and I'm not sure that any EQ will fix that, but it's worth a try.

I'm planning on using it on PC and potentially a phone every now and then, although phone isn't a priority. I'm looking for a pair that are compatible with the V-MODA BoomPro and are closed back since i'm in a fairly noisy environment most of the time.

I've looked into the CoolerMaster MH752, i just don't like the appearance and ear pad design since my ears are quite large.

I've also been looking at the ATH MSR7's. I'm not looking to do any ear pad swaps or modifications to the headphones since my budget is pretty limited to £150 and below for the headphones alone.

If anyone has any experiences or opinions on the MSR7s and whether they would be suited for semi-competitive gaming, leaning more to casual gaming as well as giving an enjoyable music experience.
- The main factors i'm concerned about is:
-Sound quality
-Comfort
-Compatible with the V-MODA BoomPro

Top Bottom