• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are noise cancelling headphones safe for yard work/loud works

Judas

IMO-No!
i find them best for moderate steady state background sounds, Most loud sounds make it through. For something like a lawn mower the sound will make it through. The reduction is significant nonetheless. It will help protect your ears. (SONY WH1000XM4).

OP
samwell7

samwell7

IMO-No!
i find them best for moderate steady state background sounds, Most loud sounds make it through. For something like a lawn mower the sound will make it through. The reduction is significant nonetheless. It will help protect your ears. (SONY WH1000XM4).
Thanks! I ended up getting some new, smaller tips for my Etymotics so they fit better and I'm happy again.
Those Sony's seem pretty good! A few people at work have the earlier model (M3) they got work to pay for them but I was working from home when it all went down so I missed out!

Judas

I wish I worked there.

Top Bottom