• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are ASR Polls a complete waste of time?

Do you think ASR Polls are a complete waste of time?

• No, they are useful (not sure what for) and I wish there were more. Bring on more Polls.

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Usually I don't even respond, I just look at the results and maybe vote the other way on purpose.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • An utter waste of time. Ban all Polls and ban the person who posts a poll.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • I deliberately give false information in polls, especially ones with dollar amounts.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • There's never an option that suits me, so I complain in the comments and don't vote.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • What actual useful information comes from a Poll?

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there some sort of poll graveyard where one can check results of various polls, should one feel so inclined as to want to get something out of them?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there some sort of poll graveyard where one can check results of various polls, should one feel so inclined as to want to get something out of them?

If you do a text search on [poll] you should get some

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We've had a lot of polls. Not sure what comes out of them, are you?

Maybe it's time to have a poll on polls.
I made a poll on polls once. (However, my intent was simply to 'test' the feature in case I ever wanted to make a "real" poll, and wanted to avoid a mistake in set-up haha! Which is why I posted mine in the dedicated Testing Area. :D )

I don't believe I ever made another poll thread again, so perhaps something good came out of my test? hahaha :facepalm:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-to-death-in-a-thread-while-were-at-it.11077/

OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Most are surveys, not polls. This one is a survey. Perhaps caused by forum software naming.

Maybe we should have a poll to gain support for changing the name of polls to surveys? ;)

Robin L

Master Contributor
There are insufficient surrealist responses on this poll, so I refuse to engage.
Fnord.

OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Clearly, posting a poll is a waste of time too. :(

Top Bottom