• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arcam PA240 & Revel C208: Bridged or dual mono biamped?

buzwork

Currently have Revel F206 pair powered by an Arcam PA240 (225w x2 @ 8 ohm RMS) and love it.

I picked up a second Arcam PA240 and plan on using it with my Revel C208 center channel (replacing an Outlaw Audio M2220 monoblock). Now I'm having an internal debate on what configuration to use.

My conundrum is that a) bridged mono is stupid overkill @ 790w RMS and b) biamping is typically unneccessary... but, it seems like the best way to utilize this 2 channel amp for a single channel, and c) it seems like waste to just use a single channel on the PA240 with the C208.

In bridged mono I'd be sending the center channel single from my processor/preamp via a single XLR input on the PA240, fipping the dual mono switch, removing the jumper bar on the C208 and feeding left channel to 'high' input and right channel to 'low' input. That would be 225w x 2 to the C208; it can handle 350w RMS max per Revel.

I understand that I will never see that much power being sent to the center channel and this is all complete overkill. The second PA240 purchase was an impulse buy since it was too inexpensive to pass up, plus it gives me a matched pair when I eventually upgrade from the F206 to one of the PerformaBe towers.

... and it looks cool to have a full stack of Arcam gear... SA30, CDS50, UDP411, PA240 pair...

Bettersound59

Hello Buzwork— I had a similar question and posed i to Arcam customer support who provided the following answer:
——-
follow the steps below on how to connect the center channel to the PA240 (bridging):

1. Connect the pre-amp center channel to one of the RCA inputs of the PA240.
  2. Connect the AVR30's Center pre-amp cable to INL.
  3. Then connect the speaker cables both R + and L + output ports.
  4. Make sure that the mode switch is set to BRIDGE mode.
  5. See the photo below for the setup guide.

Image_2023-08-11_02-16-37.png

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom