• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PaperBoat

Is there any free way to download lossless music from the Apple Music? I have AM active subscription but I don't know how to download my desired songs in .ALAC from Apple music and keep it forever and listen to it when I don't have an Apple music active subscription..?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there any free way to download lossless music from the Apple Music? I have AM active subscription but I don't know how to download my desired songs in .ALAC from Apple music and keep it forever and listen to it when I don't have an Apple music active subscription..?
No. You’re not buying the song. I believe though you can through iTunes.

JCM800

iTunes downloads aren't lossless (are they??), but Qobuz's are. No subscription required, good prices, standard and hi-res options, good player for streaming purchases. Bandcamp has lossless downloads for indie stuff and quite a bit label stuff as well. [edited for clarity]

Last edited:

HCT-5808

I understand Apple Music and Itunes to be seperate. Apple Music is lossless and there is no way to download music without maintaining a subscription. Purchases from Itunes are not lossless, they are still AAC lossy files.

amper42

Major Contributor
HDTracks, Qobuz and Bandcamp are all great resources for HiRes Audio purchases.

Top Bottom