• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music launches Apple Digital Masters collection of high-quality songs

BillG

Major Contributor
As long as they can maintain transparency, and I don't see why they couldn't since their encoder is consistently rated at or near #1 across numerous blind ABX tests, I doubt most people will really care that much.

As for the re-branding, that's typical when launching a revamped product... :cool:

Last edited:

THW

Forum Donor
iirc Apple's lossy encoder is actually really good, used it with great results myself.

most people probably won't be able to tell an Apple AAC encoded file with lossless.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a re-branding with the death of iTunes, or something else?

The mastered for iTunes thing makes sense, it's the right way to do lossy.

VincentYyl

I'm fed up with Apple's apps, they're always hard to use for me. But I can't tell the difference between AAC and ALAC to be honest. I downloaded Apple Music songs with Tunelf Audio Converter and did a comparison with other format playing them on the same player, they're hardly different for me.

Top Bottom