• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music iPhone EQ Measurements

Oddeeo

Has anyone ever attempted to measure the effects that the stock iPhone EQ’s have on frequency response?

For people on the go, I think it would be super handy to know which frequencies the stock eq’s like Bass Boost, Bass Reduction, etc. boost and/or buck. Especially for people that are familiar with their headphones freq. response.

If the Bass boost setting only boosted 100hz and below, that would be amazing, but I have no way of measuring and knowing that’s what is happening. I have a feeling it goes up much higher in the frequency range. I tried googling everywhere to no avail. Thanks for any insight!

Nouvraught

i use "dynamic" eq on my galaxy buds pro cause dat bass and treblez. any educated employeed janitor should know how to do a proper bass or treble boost etc so it should be similar to this below.
z658ic4o5sb31.png

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Good question, OP.

Under Settings -> Music -> EQ I have around 20-25 presets. You'd think maybe 2 or 3 of them might help a little with (for example) the extremely typical drop off in bass below 100hz we see in the many headphones (I'm guessing the majority). Or maybe not. Maybe they only boost bass from 100hz upwards.

I'd love to know.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
I suppose the EQ presents on iPhone are identical to those on the Apple Music (iTunes) app on a computer. Here you can see the 10-band EQ settings or each present. That should give a good idea of what these EQ presents do.
1.png
2.png
3.png

Top Bottom