• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music Atmos to an AVR, but no Apple TV, how?

Tom C

Major Contributor
How much of that would apply to Mac Mini ? (New to IOS here; also have AppleTV (also using homekit for lighting, etc) (last years model).)
and
What are the improvements for the upcoming AppleTV over one shipped about this time last year?
Seems hard to get detailed info on their new products - I saw something about Thread only available on 64G models - figured that out thanks to Giigle:oops:, but wonder what other features only 'sneak' in on higher upcoming end models.

I'm not looking necesarily to upgrade from NUC8 (audo/HT only), but am planning on getting a new TV someday soon and may use it occasionally instead of my older projector.
Also highly unhappy with JRiver, so looking at Roon.
If any of the (affordable) apple gear would play better with AV HT use that'd be nice to know.
Why are you unhappy with JRiver?

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not going to wash linen in public, but generally its inconsistent behavior (esp wrt USB inputs failing to be recognized, repeatedly) and general lack of any discernable architecture...and the incesssant begging for 'upgrades' w/o ever stating (until fairly recently) what's in them.
Links about specific topics that lead to general item discussions, etc etc.
I spent decades doing apps dev management and app architecture and apps regression testing, and this doesn't come even close to meeting my standards.
It IS extremely powerful, and highly customizable, and very low cost, which I do give full credit for - and esp like the remote app for streaming to other bluetooth devices in the house.
Bottom line - too fussy for day to day operation for me now, and doesn't (apparently) do the obvious things I'd like it too.

OP
Jazz

Jazz

It is much easier to just buy an ATV 4K (2021 or 2022 model), plug in the HDMI to an Atmos AVR and get on with life for Apple Music in Atmos as well as streaming apps for movies and shows.

Top Bottom