• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple lossless official announcement

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Nice!

I've been an Apple Music user for years. Nice to see this move to lossless (finally) happen.

Now, if only they would add the MFSL and Audio Fidelity catalogs to their library. Then I could dump my entire personal library. That will never happen, though.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Question for the sake of discussion: if we are going to "standardize" on Dolby Atmos for musical reproduction, what are the options for someone who can't afford an Atmos system? Are we all going to end up listening with earphones?

in this case your phone (iPad, Apple TV .etc) will decode Atmos to whichever channel setup you have.

you don't need an 'Atmos Setup'.

bogart

Forum Donor
Cool announcement and love that it’s not an up charge. I do sometimes wish they weren’t ecosystem builders, though. The services who want to play nice with open third party platforms aren’t the services I’m interested in buying... mostly.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom