• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Beats Fit Pro

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I didn’t see any info on these little buds on the forum, and I’m writing this in the idea that some members have other hobbies (such as sport, in this case), apart from looking at audio gear measurements :)

Before anyone gets annoyed with me for posting this, yes I know these aren’t audiophile headphones (nor do they pretend to be). I just though I’d share some opinions on them, having about 3 weeks usage. Of course, I cannot measure them, it’s all subjective. I apologize in advance for any offense caused and I assure you it was unintentional!

I didn’t get these headphones for critical music listening but for gym use. I was getting absolutely fed up with the hip-hop blaring on their speakers (which I think @amirm would find outrageously bad in terms of audio reproduction) and I really wanted something with good noise cancelling that can physically stay in my ears while doing stuff like box jumps and burpees (crossfit…). So I gave these a try.

Here are my findings:

1. Yes they stay in my ears and they maintain seal pretty much no matter what I do. There’s a bit of a learning curve to inserting them correctly and putting the little fin in the appropriate ear fold, but once I mastered it, it works really well. Good design.
2. Noise cancelling is good. Really good. It’s greatly aided by their ability to maintain a good seal. Works better than my AirPods Pro, which are hopeless for gym use. At 75% volume I can no longer hear the very loud and extremely distorted bass-heavy surrounding music. This is relatively loud for music listening but not uncomfortable. With podcasts, there’s a bit of the outside sound bleeding in.
3. Both buds can be pressed, their outer parts act as buttons, and it’s a solid clicky feel. Long press toggles between “transparency” and “noise cancelling”. Short press is play/pause. Highly useful for interrupting your audition to listen to the coach instead, and infinitely better than the touching/rubbing gestures one needs to make to control AirPods, that I never seem to get right.
4. As all other Apple headphones, pairing and connecting is seamless and very intuitive, at least with another Apple product.
5. Battery life is very good, I easily get more than 10 hours on a box charge.
6. Sound quality is much better than expected. My expectations were rather low for this kind of product but they are rather good, for buds. Of course, being a Beats-labelled product, they are a bit bass-heavy but not in an unsettling way.

The not-so-great:
6. The “transparency” mode is not as good as the one on AirPod Pro. It’s definitely usable but a little muffled.
7. The box itself has a flimsy hinge and I expect it might break if I drop it.
8. Like most noise-cancelling headphones, there’s that pressure you feel in the air canal, here perhaps a little more pronounced because of said good seal.

Otherwise, highly recommended for intensive gym activities!

Tks

Major Contributor
Yeah, IEM's of all sorts have been getting really good in the last few years. I've seen the older version of the Beats measured elsewhere and the THD was incredibly low with what I recall.

Ever since Apple bought them, Beats products have been pretty decent honestly, their whole reputation they've earned in the past is something people really need to drop.

gvl

Major Contributor
I bought a pair for my daughter but she has small ears and they don’t fit her well unfortunately. I took them for a spin and surprise they sound pretty good, I expected them to be bass heavy but this is not the case which is not to say they are bass shy. They lack some clarity in details (Bluetooth?) and a tad forward in the mids if I were to pick on something but have overall good tonal balance, no fatigue. Comfort is good too. I could certainly live with them as my daily drivers.

Last edited:

Spinitch

Thanks for starting thread. Considering Beats fit Pro due to favorable reports on secure fit while exercising. Other features decent too but a little expensive for weak IPX rating. Rains often where I live. Have Noble Falcon IPX7 , EQ, but they protrude and fall out. Ok for walking but not jogging. Might attach a string. I used to carry a zip lock to protect others in rain but then cannot use in light rain on n off.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
...for gym use...Noise cancelling is good. Really good. It’s greatly aided by their ability to maintain a good seal. Works better than my AirPods Pro, which are hopeless for gym use...Sound quality is much better than expected...Like most noise-cancelling headphones, there’s that pressure you feel in the air canal, here perhaps a little more pronounced because of said good seal.
Nice review! I tried SO many things that wouldn't stay in my ear, even with springy headband behind the neck. Until finally I tried my kid's AirPods. OMG stayed in place! Because so light I guess. But not a tight seal so not the deep bass, hence I got AirPod Pros. Questions:
- Why did you find AP Pro "hopeless"? Didn't maintain a consistent seal for you? (For me, pretty much, though not 100%)
- How do you feel about the sound quality of the Beats Fit vs AirPods Pro?
- Did you feel pressure with AP Pro in NR mode? I'm super glad to say I don't. It was one reason, also size, also sound, that I dumped my Bose QC25.

Dogen

Forum Donor
I haven’t heard the Beats Fit Pro, but the sound quality and ergonomics of my Apple AirPods Pro 2s are way beyond expectations. In fact, it’s my favorite way to listen to music most of the time. This is the first time any type of “bud” has worked for me fit-wise, and no wires is liberating.

leonasj

does airpods pro and beats fit pro both has same H1 chip and both sounds same? also both has same anc ?

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
does airpods pro and beats fit pro both has same H1 chip and both sounds same? also both has same anc ?
Sorry I don't know, but I wanted to note you said "AirPods Pro" and to be sure you know AirPods Pro 2 are much superior (I've used AirPod then AirPod Pro and now AirPod Pro 2"

leonasj

Sorry I don't know, but I wanted to note you said "AirPods Pro" and to be sure you know AirPods Pro 2 are much superior (I've used AirPod then AirPod Pro and now AirPod Pro 2"
im have airpods pro , but for road cycling see at beats fit pro, as airpods can easy left ears due speed

OP
symphara

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes, as far as I know. But possibly because the Beats fit much better (in my ears) compared to the Airpods, they sound quite different, particularly with more bass. For gym use, there’s no comparison, I cannot use Airpods at all but the Beats stay put. Same for cycling.

The only things they don’t do as well are the transparency mode, which is just worse, and the case, which is flimsier. Also the case is a little bit bigger. Otherwise subjectively better sound, fit, and battery life.

Can’t wait for v2.

fabius

The Beats Fit Pro and the original AirPods Pro have the same H1 chip.

But the AirPods Pro 2nd generation, which came out this month, have the newer H2 chip. Reviews suggest these sound better than the Beats Fit Pro and the ANC is better. But they're more expensive.

leonasj

The Beats Fit Pro and the original AirPods Pro have the same H1 chip.

But the AirPods Pro 2nd generation, which came out this month, have the newer H2 chip. Reviews suggest these sound better than the Beats Fit Pro and the ANC is better. But they're more expensive.
tried today on road cycling my airpods pro. with ANC activated very good clean sound at speed 10-20km/h. however, im not slow, speed keep depending from road surface and gradient 30-50km/h and from 30km/h too big hear noise of wind, because airpods not deep in ear. im see beats fit pro stay deep in ears. so maybe not catching wind? also im saw graphs that beats fit has better ANC vs airpods pro

Top Bottom