• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

App to build/consolidate large collection into one library? (Mac)

ids_ok

"Long-time listener, first-time caller" :)

Does anyone know of an app that will copy/consolidate and organize a music library from multiple sources? Preferably for a Mac? Looking for something that will build the file structure like iTunes does but without converting the source files to Apple lossless, WAV, etc.

I have about 4TB of Hi-Res music files in various formats and even multiple drives, which I'd like to compile into one library on one drive. Roon, Audirvana, FooBar, etc will create a single library database but they leave the source files where they were found. Not sure if it's relevant but I'm using a Mac Mini (2011 model, 2.3 GHz i5, 16GB RAM) > ifi Micro iDSD Black Label DAC.

Thanks y'all!

OP
I

ids_ok

Thanks! I'll check those out.

I'd prefer to keep it Mac-based but can use my work PC to build the foundation on an external drive or NAS. We'll see!

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Are you sure that when using the consolidate function of iTunes, it not only makes a copy of the files to a different location but also converts?

OP
I

ids_ok

I believe so. But the biggest issue is it doesn’t seem to be able to do anything with most of my files, which include FLAC, DSD, etc. I.e., it can’t even copy them to the new drive.

Top Bottom