• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I think them drops might be a Roon issues as it happens with other dacs,had to set the computer to not sleep and that resolved the issues for me with the Gustard X16.

Pretty sure the problem is caused by Roon/MQA. PCM songs work just fine. I’m feeding the DAC with coax out from Bluesound NODE. Most likely I’ll be getting a Topping D30 Pro to try.

mongobot

Forum Donor
I recently ran into some playback issues with a Topping E30 I bough from Apos in Nov 2020. While it took Apos a couple days to reply, to my initial query, the response time seemed reasonable to me.

I was primarily asking for troubleshooting advice but they offered a return on their own and provided a return shipping label relatively quickly.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I'm still waiting for the email with the RMA. I'm going to purchase the new Matrix Audio X-Sabre 3 but if I don't get the RMA from APOS by tomorrow, then I would be getting the X-Sabre 3 from either Moon Audio or Headphones.com. Not going to risk $3K with a company that can't handle promptly a $900 product RMA.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Got the RMA today from APOS. Dropping it off tomorrow at USPS. It took two days so not bad after all. Looks like I'll be placing my order for the Matrix Audio X-Sabre 3 with them ;)

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Update regarding APOS Return. The D90SE was received by APOS Return Department on Friday 08/20 and today, Monday 08/23 the refund was processed and it's showing in my PayPal account already. The whole process from requesting RMA to refund processed took 9 days which is a really good turnaround time for a return/refund process. They took out $10 from my refund to pay for the return shipping.

nickmas0n29

You can trust Apos, here is their return policy: http://help.apos.audio/en/articles/3076135-apos-audio-30-day-return-policy

They are somewhat active on the forums here as well. (at least, they are watching threads for products they sell)
I have no experience doing returns with them, but their communication is top notch and I have no reason to doubt their policies.

I would definitely buy from Apos, as I'd much rather support them than Amazon as well.
From what I can tell, Apos is just as US subsidiary of Shenzhen Audio, which is who I normally purchase from anyway.
Even when ordering from Apos, my DAC shipped from Shenzhen Audio in China anyway lol, but it did so with 2 day worldwide DHL!
Shenzhen Audio has been a dream to deal with, and they even have an active Discord server (probably an expired link, you can ask me or them for a new link) for their customers to chat in that has both English and Chinese customer service!!!!

Also keep in mind that on Amazon, you're often dealing with third party sellers for this kind of stuff, though they try their best to keep their high ratings so you probably won't have issues with either company. Just make sure you keep all packaging and materials and return it in the same condition you received it and you'll be fine.
Lot may have changed since this message. Apos has horrible customer support and return policy. An item died in a week, asked an RMA, I paid the shipping to send it back to Apos, they asked me to pay the shipping to send the replacement item. When I asked them to treat the item as return and said I did not want the item because it failed in a week, Ren replied that I requested the RMA 15th day and the return was subject to %20 restocking fee. The RMA request was 15 days. 1 day after the 14 days of return request policy. The website says 45 days return policy. These guys are joke. I wouldn't buy anything from Apos anymore and I wouldn't recommend to anyone either. Buy it from Amazon for no-hassle return policy. The customer support is sooo slow to write back. I DON'T TRUST APOS AT ALL.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Lot may have changed since this message. Apos has horrible customer support and return policy. An item died in a week, asked an RMA, I paid the shipping to send it back to Apos, they asked me to pay the shipping to send the replacement item. When I asked them to treat the item as return and said I did not want the item because it failed in a week, Ren replied that I requested the RMA 15th day and the return was subject to %20 restocking fee. The RMA request was 15 days. 1 day after the 14 days of return request policy. The website says 45 days return policy. These guys are joke. I wouldn't buy anything from Apos anymore and I wouldn't recommend to anyone either. Buy it from Amazon for no-hassle return policy. The customer support is sooo slow to write back. I DON'T TRUST APOS AT ALL.
Here's the thing certain items sent back to Amazon are now inspected and tested,not just thrown into a big box anymore,Apos started testing and inspecting way before Amazon, here's the thing make sure you want what you order and read the return policy before you click buy.

nickmas0n29

Here's the thing certain items sent back to Amazon are now inspected and tested,not just thrown into a big box anymore,Apos started testing and inspecting way before Amazon, here's the thing make sure you want what you order and read the return policy before you click buy.
That doesn't justify at all being asked to pay 2 way shipping for a failed item in a week. Policy comparison to Amazon shows why Amazon is the biggest retailer. Well deserved. I don't work for Amazon, I just try to point unfair business practice by Apos. Customer support quality shows the real face of a company. Without proper customer support, every company will face to need a bailout like GM had, without bailout, company will eventually fail.

Rusty Shackleford

All I can say is that when I had a product earlier this year that was defective, Apos paid for return shipping and the shipping for the new item. No problem. Also, it's clear on their website that returns in the 15 to 45 day window are subject to a restocking fee.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I have purchased a few equipments from APOS. I did return a Topping D90SE and only paid $9.99 for return shipping. Also returned a defective Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 and didn't pay anything for returning it back. APOS shipped to me a X-SABRE 3 replacement as soon they got the defective unit back. Because there was a delay in the X-SABRE 3 replacement they gave me a $50 credit for the hassle. Also returned a Topping A30 Pro to Headphones.com after I got from them a Topping A90 and while I got the refund for the A30 Pro, they charged me $27 for the return shipping. I'll be glad to do business again with APOS and Headphones.com. To me both companies offer excellent customer service.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
That doesn't justify at all being asked to pay 2 way shipping for a failed item in a week. Policy comparison to Amazon shows why Amazon is the biggest retailer. Well deserved. I don't work for Amazon, I just try to point unfair business practice by Apos. Customer support quality shows the real face of a company. Without proper customer support, every company will face to need a bailout like GM had, without bailout, company will eventually fail.
But you said you waited 15 days,If and when I receive an Item I don't wait 15 days to return it,not saying your item didn't fail before the 15th day,just saying these vendors ain't playing try and buy anymore,these aren't big operations,one major online retailer is working out of his home that I order from and pickup from if I need it yesterday. it's not fair to him to return items just try out,not saying that's what you're doing,last but not least I never had a problem with Apos on a return or recall.

Last edited:

nickmas0n29

But you said you waited 15 days,If and when I receive an Item I don't wait 15 days to return it,not saying your item didn't fail before the 15th day,just saying these vendors ain't playing try and buy anymore,these aren't big operations,one major online retailer is working out of his home that I order from and pickup from if I need it yesterday. it's not fair to him to return items just try out,not saying that's what you're doing,last but not least I never had a problem with Apos on a return or recall.
I agree with you, but the item didn't come defective, it died in a week. I sent an RMA request email to [email protected] and was not delivered because the email address was wrong. I forwarded the same email to the same address again and I got undeliverable message again. Each message took 2 to 3 days to send a failure message back. I know it's my mistake but I was in good faith. No one asked when I sent the first RMA request. Ren just went directly to the restocking fee conversation.
I also asked them if I could request return instead of replacement, no one mentioned anything about and I was ignored.
Failure wasn't my fault and I shouldn't have paid shipping for a failed item in 7 days.
The amount is not much but it is the fair business practice that I was expecting. I was in good faith and at the end I got punished. Do they expect me to buy another product from them?
Customer service shows the reliability of any company. I am a seller too. I sell computers and related products. I never punish my customer for a mistake. I try to provide excellent customer service and reliable items with no hassle warranty.
I was awarded "The Best Computer Consultant of the Los Angeles 2021". I do provide excellent service, I expect to receive excellent service. That should be the ethics of every business. I have a small business and it is hard to survive in the same market with the giant retailers.
The best way to survive in this market is to provide excellent after sales support and to be fair.
I was thinking to order the Gustard x26 pro and FIIO M17 from Apos, instead I will order them from Amazon because of no hassle return in 60 or 90 days depends on the month of the year. Who can beat it?
I bought Denafrips R2R DAC directly from Vinshine Audio and Topping A90 from Shenzen Audio. Both are working fine, no issues.
Apos Audio shipped the replacement item. I will sell it. If anyone is interested to buy at my cost including shipping from California pm me.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I agree with you, but the item didn't come defective, it died in a week. I sent an RMA request email to [email protected] and was not delivered because the email address was wrong. I forwarded the same email to the same address again and I got undeliverable message again. Each message took 2 to 3 days to send a failure message back. I know it's my mistake but I was in good faith. No one asked when I sent the first RMA request. Ren just went directly to the restocking fee conversation.
I also asked them if I could request return instead of replacement, no one mentioned anything about and I was ignored.
Failure wasn't my fault and I shouldn't have paid shipping for a failed item in 7 days.
The amount is not much but it is the fair business practice that I was expecting. I was in good faith and at the end I got punished. Do they expect me to buy another product from them?
Customer service shows the reliability of any company. I am a seller too. I sell computers and related products. I never punish my customer for a mistake. I try to provide excellent customer service and reliable items with no hassle warranty.
I was awarded "The Best Computer Consultant of the Los Angeles 2021". I do provide excellent service, I expect to receive excellent service. That should be the ethics of every business. I have a small business and it is hard to survive in the same market with the giant retailers.
The best way to survive in this market is to provide excellent after sales support and to be fair.
I was thinking to order the Gustard x26 pro and FIIO M17 from Apos, instead I will order them from Amazon because of no hassle return in 60 or 90 days depends on the month of the year. Who can beat it?
I bought Denafrips R2R DAC directly from Vinshine Audio and Topping A90 from Shenzen Audio. Both are working fine, no issues.
Apos Audio shipped the replacement item. I will sell it. If anyone is interested to buy at my cost including shipping from California pm me.
Do you know Apos Audio is the same Shenzen Audio? Everything purchased from Apos Audio is shipped from Shenzen Audio directly.

nickmas0n29

Do you know Apos Audio is the same Shenzen Audio? Everything purchased from Apos Audio is shipped from Shenzen Audio directly.
I didn't know that Shenzen Audio and Apos Audio were the same company. Damn! I should have been easy on them.
They gave me deal when I bought the Topping A90. Well, I didn't need to contact them for A90. It has been working fine close to a year.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I always used the chat feature to communicate with Apos and they've always gotten back to me.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
APOS chat feature is the best way to comunícate with them. Just be aware that their working hours are based on PST, even that they work overseas. I always chat with either Bob or Darwin and they get back to me usually in less than 1 hour.

nickmas0n29

APOS chat feature is the best way to comunícate with them. Just be aware that their working hours are based on PST, even that they work overseas. I always chat with either Bob or Darwin and they get back to me usually in less than 1 hour.
I live in PST timezone and I always communicate with Ren and I get replies in 2 to 3 days. That frustrated me.

Top Bottom