• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apollon Audio Class-D Amp Build Quality

Redwine

Are you intending to run copper busbars from the amp to the speakers? ;)
Nope, was just wondering since a friend proud told me his amp, Devialet has a ”very high” damping factor at 8.000

withoutsuit

Does anybody got some information related to the planned preamp? Unfortunately tibor didn´t reply to me anymore (If he would know how many people ordered amps from him due to my recommendations...). Hopefully someone here has more information.

Apollon Audio

Audio Company
Any chance you have some measurements of the OPA1612 compared to the Sparkos SS2590 for the regular dual mono? I was also curious how many of the SS2590 opamps are needed for the amp. Thanks.
I currently do not have the comparative measurements available, but I will conduct and provide them by next week. For each channel, two SS2590 op-amps are required, and they should be used with a DIP8 to dual 990 socket adapter from Sparkos.

Last edited:

Apollon Audio

Audio Company
Does anybody got some information related to the planned preamp? Unfortunately tibor didn´t reply to me anymore (If he would know how many people ordered amps from him due to my recommendations...). Hopefully someone here has more information.
My apologies for the oversight regarding your email inquiry. I’ve attempted to locate your email without success. Could you kindly resend it to [email protected] or direct message me here on the forum? Thank you.

Apollon Audio

Audio Company
Up to about 100W, the performance of the OPA 1656 (Apollon's default, apparently, despite the website saying they're using the 1612), and the Sonic Imagery 994 are the same. The LM4562, which is the one in the graphs above that's worse up to 5W, is not offered by Apollon (AFAICT).

Alex
I have provided comparison measurements for the LM4562 op-amp because of its integration into the Hypex NCx500 built in input buffer. We've made updates to our website, ensuring that it now lists OPA1656 across all products.

Apollon Audio

Audio Company
@Apollon Audio
Can we please have couple of high freq (10-15-20Khz) sweeps (THD+N vs Power) with high bandwidth so we can compare with other implementations?

Thanks!

Yes of course. NCx500 with OPA1656 in dual mono configuration @ 45kHz bandwidth.

THD+N Ratio vs Measured Level 4Ohm (10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz).png

withoutsuit

This is with the OPA1656, right? How do these graphs look with the other op-amps you offer?

I'm asking because you've previously shown that the Sonic Imagery 994 shows somewhat less THD+N in the 200-300W region, but that's only at 1kHz, right?

Alex
Shouldn't that all be totally inaudible?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks nice, but a simpler non lux version would be appreciated ;)
Probably can be custom ordered if you e-mail Tibor.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I had not noticed before but Apollon is now also using the new entry level chassis for the MP series modules. And they look great: below the NC502MP in a black cover.

Hypex-NC502MP-Stereo-Amplifier-Black-Anodized-Front-Side-View-Apollon-Audio.jpg

Hypex-NC502MP-Stereo-Amplifier-InSide-View-Apollon-Audio.jpg

Redwine

I had not noticed before but Apollon is now also using the new entry level chassis for the MP series modules. And they look great: below the NC502MP in a black cover.

View attachment 345232

View attachment 345233.
200 EUR more and get the NCx version, sounds like a better buy to me.

Top Bottom