• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apollo x16claims -129dB thd+N

Chez

I'm totally on board with that - I have an RME ADI-2 DAC. Besides a 5 band PEQ it also has dynamic loudness equalization and crossfeed. No latency, no dropout, and I can get all that with other sources besides my PC.

I'm just asking about the kinds of DSP plugins available on the platform. I'm not too well versed in the pro audio world, but almost all of these seem to be effects processors for recording. Most of them seem to be emulating specific hardware. Someone might like the idea of using it to simulate a tube amp and there are a few equalizers. Unless I'm misunderstanding what some of these do that's about all I can see that would be useful for playback .

I don't see anything which would let me replicate the functionality of my RME.

Check out their website at audio.com for some classic studio devices modeled such as Manley, API, Neve, SSL & more. Flavor to taste

iamkimosabi

Out of curiosity, were you seeing drive issues with those headphones while you were tracking or mixing? One thing to note is that the headphone output of our devices are digitally controlled, and the max gain of the headphone amp is designed to not clip. If you are tracking/mixing (pre-mastering), you're likely leaving some headroom and not slamming the output as shown on the meters, you can't hit full power in the headphone outputs. Test the power by running already mastered content full range out of the Apollo and then crank the headphone amp.

hi Dave, thank you for all the great info. I just bought the X6 and was wandering where it stacks up against the TWIN X and X16?

Chez

Check out their website at audio.com for some classic studio devices modeled such as Manley, API, Neve, SSL & more. Flavor to taste
website is uaudio.com
spellchecker error

Top Bottom