• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aperion N5T Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 108 45.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 113 47.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am not a stats guy, but one would think the wtw configuration would be abandoned.

Xyrium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you Amirm for your review. I must say that while I have no problem in buying an amplifier based only on positive instrumental measurements, I would never do that for a speaker. I believe that a listening session is mandatory for this type of HiFi gear.
Sure, just make sure it's in the room you plan on using it in and in the position you'd prefer.

paulgyro

These look to be high value speakers, Aperion is indeed a great company from a customer support stand point.

paulgyro

I am not a stats guy, but one would think the wtw configuration would be abandoned.
All design approaches have pros and cons, it's all about trade offs and the designer achieving their goals. There are many amazingly executed MTMs. It helps to control vertical directivity thus ceiling and floor reflections.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

lewdish

I think for $1400 a pair this is pretty above average performance, fairly good looking imo as well. The Dispersion from 1-5K visually seems massive in horizontal dispersion. Curious how the dispersion is like when translated to soundstage subjectivity. Id say it measures fairly well for its price and decent value. Would have loved to see subjective review tbh. Seems like Aperion does fairly decent engineering, they also release spin data regularly, curious still what kind of value their super tweeters deliver though granted they do seem to be a fairly objective company, hopefully someone sends one in for testing some day

paulgyro

I think for $1400 a pair this is pretty above average performance, fairly good looking imo as well. The Dispersion from 1-5K visually seems massive in horizontal dispersion. Curious how the dispersion is like when translated to soundstage subjectivity. Id say it measures fairly well for its price and decent value. Would have loved to see subjective review tbh. Seems like Aperion does fairly decent engineering, they also release spin data regularly, curious still what kind of value their super tweeters deliver though granted they do seem to be a fairly objective company, hopefully someone sends one in for testing some day
Agreed! Good $1400 value.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Whereas some theoreticians say MTM can't work, no one told it that. So the fact remains, it does work quite well for what it does.

Last edited:

jaykay77

Do people really come on this website and purchase speakers based on graphs and measurements only without listening?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do people really come on this website and purchase speakers based on graphs and measurements only without listening?
Yes, some have said they do. Not everybody has the chance to hear speakers before buying.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, some have said they do. Not everybody has the chance to hear speakers before buying.
Yep. One member asked for nearfields and finally bought the KH80DSP without having auditioned them before. He was very happy with them. Science works!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep. One member asked for nearfields and finally bought the KH80DSP without having auditioned them before. He was very happy with them. Science works!
It does, although I'd have EQ ready were I forced to buy that way.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Entropy

Bit disappointing. Would've been nice if they performed better. What hurts a bit more is that they're local to me. Oh well, hope their bookshelf models are better.

Top Bottom