• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aperion Audio Verus III Grand V6T Tower

CyRock

Hey all, anyone have experience with the Aperion Audio tower speakers. I was looking at these or the Monitor Silver 300's for 2 channel experience. Anyone have any feedback or insight. Thoughts appreciated.

CR

Last edited:

a_p

I have the Aperion Audio Grand Verus III V6T for over a year. I also have their V5B bookshelf speakers and V6C center channel. The V6T is a warmer sounding speaker with a rolled off top end, very clear midrange and adequate bass that goes down to 49 hz (-3 dB as tested by sound and vision magazine), extending to 35 hz (-6 db). The cones are small... they measure 5.5 inches across, so do not believe their claims of it being 6.5 inches. The sensitivity is average at 89 dB per 1 watt input as tested by s&V mag. The finish (cherry wood) is incredible, but the base/feet could be improved upon, it is small and not elegant as higher priced competitors. I absolutely love these speakers and they sound amazing, but as an audio enthusiast, there is room for improvement.

Sound-wise, they have an enormous sound stage. They play huge. Really huge. Its super super wide. The sound is velvety yet a bit punchy... I would describe it as organic and luscious. Very smooth integration top to bottom. Bass is punchy in the 50-100 hz range, not the fastest but can play fairly solid. The upcoming V8T with twin 8 inch woofers will improve on the bass performance. The midrange is very clear, and one of its key strengths. The top end is a bit rolled off, and test results also confirm this. It's not dull, but you won't get the B&W sparkle if you like lots of treble. Imaging is not too good, voices sound like are coming from the speakers, not from in-between the speakers. It may sound like I'm really critical, but for $2000 (when they are on sale), with the amazing customer support, and finish/quality, the speakers are quite a bargain. I strongly recommend you give them a trial as they have a 60 day free return policy. There's really no risk. Good luck!

OP
C

CyRock

I have the Aperion Audio Grand Verus III V6T for over a year. I also have their V5B bookshelf speakers and V6C center channel. The V6T is a warmer sounding speaker with a rolled off top end, very clear midrange and adequate bass that goes down to 49 hz (-3 dB as tested by sound and vision magazine), extending to 35 hz (-6 db). The cones are small... they measure 5.5 inches across, so do not believe their claims of it being 6.5 inches. The sensitivity is average at 89 dB per 1 watt input as tested by s&V mag. The finish (cherry wood) is incredible, but the base/feet could be improved upon, it is small and not elegant as higher priced competitors. I absolutely love these speakers and they sound amazing, but as an audio enthusiast, there is room for improvement.

Sound-wise, they have an enormous sound stage. They play huge. Really huge. Its super super wide. The sound is velvety yet a bit punchy... I would describe it as organic and luscious. Very smooth integration top to bottom. Bass is punchy in the 50-100 hz range, not the fastest but can play fairly solid. The upcoming V8T with twin 8 inch woofers will improve on the bass performance. The midrange is very clear, and one of its key strengths. The top end is a bit rolled off, and test results also confirm this. It's not dull, but you won't get the B&W sparkle if you like lots of treble. Imaging is not too good, voices sound like are coming from the speakers, not from in-between the speakers. It may sound like I'm really critical, but for $2000 (when they are on sale), with the amazing customer support, and finish/quality, the speakers are quite a bargain. I strongly recommend you give them a trial as they have a 60 day free return policy. There's really no risk. Good luck!
Thanks for your review of the Verus lll. I didn't find a lot on them when searching for owners experience so this is great. Thanks

warthor

Are there any published measurements of these speakers anywhere? I have been interested in Aperion as well, but without measurements buying is risky.

a_p

Sorry, I don't check this forum often enough, but yes, there are some tests. This is the older generation Verus II review with bench test results:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/aperion-audio-verus-ii-grand-speaker-system-review

This is the only speaker I've ever seen get 5 stars across the board by this mag, and I've subscribed to S&V and Stereo Review (previous mag before rebranding) since 1984, 37 years. That's what made me try out the Aperion's in the first place. I would not buy their subs, there are better subs out there for $ (I have the Hsu Research VTF-3 MK5) and there has been some reliability issues with the amps going out on the Bravus series subs from what I read.

The Verus III has s newer crossover, ferofluid added to the tweeters, magnetic grills etc. I had the Verus II and can say the treble was too rolled off and the Verus III is a bit better in this regard. I'm about the try out their new V8T (twin 8 inch woofers) which is about to be released. They just got their first shipment in Long Beach last week, and will arrive in Portland (their HQ) this week. Their website does not list this new model yet.

The customer satisfaction is particularly high w/ this company - their support is really second to none.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/aperionaudio.com

a_p

Yeah, just got off the phone with Collin from Aperion (sales/customer service). The speakers will land in Oregon next week and available to ship in early April. They are getting some freq plots and setting up audio recordings from their showroom floor to demonstrate the differences in sound quality across their product line. Aperion doesn't want to pay the huge fees to audio magazine for professional reviews because it didn't help them increase customer traffic, I'm bummed about that as I really value independent test results. But the new speakers look great..

CygnusX

i have full 13ch aperion surround setup with first gen verus grand towers and center up front (with second gen tweeters), and have been very happy with them, but i switched to JTR Noesis 215's and there where so much more detail (i am a rookie in describing it) but things like hearing the singer breathing, and fingers moving on the string of a guitar, was much more obvious on the noesis vs verus......the noesis didnt work out in my room, too big and too directional, great for stereo when sitting in the right spot.....but for movies the directionality was too much, there was no fooling the brain that sound came from the actor/tv....so im back to the aperions....but now im hungry for some speakers with more detail

i almost pulled the trigger on the new v8t's, i had a chat with aperion, and they said the new v8t's had more detail in the highs because of their new tweeter and crossover, hense the jumpers on the back as they where too bright for some.

with them on sale for $1670 i was close to pull trigger, but their new return policy turned me away, 10% is still more than 300 bucks on a pair of towers just to see if they are significantly better than my first gens

Doctors11

i have full 13ch aperion surround setup with first gen verus grand towers and center up front (with second gen tweeters), and have been very happy with them, but i switched to JTR Noesis 215's and there where so much more detail (i am a rookie in describing it) but things like hearing the singer breathing, and fingers moving on the string of a guitar, was much more obvious on the noesis vs verus......the noesis didnt work out in my room, too big and too directional, great for stereo when sitting in the right spot.....but for movies the directionality was too much, there was no fooling the brain that sound came from the actor/tv....so im back to the aperions....but now im hungry for some speakers with more detail

i almost pulled the trigger on the new v8t's, i had a chat with aperion, and they said the new v8t's had more detail in the highs because of their new tweeter and crossover, hense the jumpers on the back as they where too bright for some.

with them on sale for $1670 i was close to pull trigger, but their new return policy turned me away, 10% is still more than 300 bucks on a pair of towers just to see if they are significantly better than my first gens
I've been reading a lot about Aperion recently as I'm considering them for a small music centric system. I love an easy to listen to sound for extended time periods but I'd also like to hear the singer breathing and fingers moving on the guitar strings. With my budget I'm focusing on the Novus line but there's hardly any real world input on their sound other than some youtube stuff. I'm not great at interpreting graphs but I had them send me some anyway and they look really good to my untrained eye. I'd love to hear more about this line.

Doctors11

This is what they sent me for the Novus bookshelf.
1638544570886.jpeg

Top Bottom