• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anything but Subtle

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

TBone

Major Contributor
during a period of time, the quality of vinyl went into deep decline. One time, I had the Steely Dan remaster, and it would skip at this one point ... so I deep cleaned it, same ... on closer inspection it looked like tiny wedged particle. It would not remove, later found out it was an embedded piece of metal. Hmmmm, wonder if defragging would have worked?

Anyway, I advice people spend their hard earned money on proper cleaning tools ...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
during a period of time, the quality of vinyl went into deep decline. One time, I had the Steely Dan remaster, and it would skip at this one point ... so I deep cleaned it, same ... on closer inspection it looked like tiny wedged particle. It would not remove, later found out it was an embedded piece of metal. Hmmmm, wonder if defragging would have worked?

Anyway, I advice people spend their hard earned money on proper cleaning tools ...

Have you see the youtube vid where the guy cleans up problem grooves like scratching and mistracking by using a big magnifier and a tool to hand shape it to something better? That is what you needed. I would provide a link, but can't come up with it presently.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
This?

It's the first hit when I googled 'youtube vid where the guy cleans up problem grooves like scratching and mistracking by using a big magnifier and a tool to hand shape it'.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
That same album ↑ was on sale @ amazon for five bucks.

* Can you download albums (LP sounds) from online audio stores, instead of buying albums for $40 @ your local LP store and with holes not in the middle?
I think I might go back to vinyl; life was much more exciting and active back then. Half of the time was spent on fun things to do around the TT and LPs, not just listening to music.
And black is an addictive color, plus the smell of sex. You don't get that with CDs and hi-res audio files stored in your clouds.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This?

It's the first hit when I googled 'youtube vid where the guy cleans up problem grooves like scratching and mistracking by using a big magnifier and a tool to hand shape it'.
That is not the one I saw though the same idea. The one I saw was using a similar magnifying device, and I think needles from diabetic syringes to reshape grooves.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Exploiting to the max the audiophile mentality. We will find ways to assigns virtues to this product... beginning with the ever expanding soundstage and of course the black hole silence and openess of the sound.. likely more organic too .. No need for marketing: They just need one audiophile with a system "resolving enough" to sing its praise for this product to get traction ... They may need to sell just one to make 3000 or more Sterling Pounds

TBone

Major Contributor
The one I saw was using a similar magnifying device, and I think needles from diabetic syringes to reshape grooves.

when in need of dislodging a miniature bolder ... I use a slightly wet toothpick so NOT to reshape the groove.

Top Bottom