• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone with Loxjie A30 Remote IR Codes? or any idea how to fix the Remote or get a new one?

BlackVulcan

I got it a month ago, but now for some reason after installing it with my new system (ELAC DBR62 and SVS SB1000 Pro Sub) it is no longer working.
  • Batteries are fine, I tried new ones and it's not working
  • IR "seems" to work, when viewing from a phone camera (there's an IR light when pressing buttons)
  • Tried putting it directly in front of the LCD where the IR sensor is supposed to be, but no matter what the Amp won't respond to anything
I'm very new to the world of audiophiles and even things like IR remotes so I'm not sure how to diagnose this or find a way to fix it since though I don't need the volume control as much the Input control is important since I swap between Optical (desktop PC) and Bluetooth (Phone 1, Phone 2, Laptop). I'm worried I'll wear out the knob over time (plus it's also really inconvenient to have to walk to my desk from bed just to change inputs).

Anyone have any idea where I can either:
  • Get a new remote (it isn't being sold on hi-fi express)
  • Fix my existing remote (or even just confirm if the remote is the issue since as mentioned the IR transmitter "seems" to be working)
  • Find the Loxjie A30 codes, I saw that some people were able to get the IR codes for the SMSL Amps
Hope other Loxjie users can help somehow, since I'm not sure where the problem is or how to even start trying to isolate the issue or fix it

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I know what the problem is, but I am not certain how to fix it besides trial and error.

Loxjie uses the same remote with several codes built in to control different models like the A30, D30, D50. They often build in a secret way to switch codes so that if you own both an A30 and D30 you can switch between controlling one or the other. I see the user manuals say nothing about this. However, my guess is that they designated a remote button that is not normally used to switch codes, and you accidentally pushed it. Finding that button and pushing it again, then testing, then again, and testing could switch the codes back right. Perhaps the "Level" buttons.

Alternately, Peter Wen is a member who posts here representing Loxjie. If you PM him he could provide the accurate answer.

OP
B

BlackVulcan

I think I know what the problem is, but I am not certain how to fix it besides trial and error.

Loxjie uses the same remote with several codes built in to control different models like the A30, D30, D50. They often build in a secret way to switch codes so that if you own both an A30 and D30 you can switch between controlling one or the other. I see the user manuals say nothing about this. However, my guess is that they designated a remote button that is not normally used to switch codes, and you accidentally pushed it. Finding that button and pushing it again, then testing, then again, and testing could switch the codes back right. Perhaps the "Level" buttons.

Alternately, Peter Wen is a member who posts here representing Loxjie. If you PM him he could provide the accurate answer.

Thanks so so much for this, did find it odd there were buttons that said they did nothing in the manual. I'll try messaging him, fingers crossed!

Since it's either that or I open this thing upto inspect the IR sensor on the A30 and praying to god I can just resolder it since I can't afford to send this back for months before they replace it (like, I may as well just buy a second one at that point).

Hope it works out!

threni

Major Contributor
Perhaps it's worth factory resetting the amp. Make sure you're trying it without sunlight/bright lights shining on the amp. Does the problem occur when nothing else is connected to the amp (you mentioned adding other components).

OP
B

BlackVulcan

Perhaps it's worth factory resetting the amp. Make sure you're trying it without sunlight/bright lights shining on the amp. Does the problem occur when nothing else is connected to the amp (you mentioned adding other components).

No Sunlight (it's in my room and away from any windows as seen HERE), and I honestly haven't tried that yet since it's a bitch for me to reattach cabling and I'm not sure if there's any way for it to interfere with the IR signals. How do you factory reset it, though?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No Sunlight (it's in my room and away from any windows as seen HERE), and I honestly haven't tried that yet since it's a bitch for me to reattach cabling and I'm not sure if there's any way for it to interfere with the IR signals. How do you factory reset it, though?
0550DC22-BE51-4C8A-A7F6-3E76F6730317.png

OP
B

BlackVulcan

Okay, Hifi Express got back to me and sent me the IR codes for the Amp but even when using an android phone with an IR blaster it still won't work. Hard resetting didn't help anything either, so I guess there's no choice but to RMA this boy.

Real shame, since I'll be out a really good DAC+AMP til I get a replacement for a good while and there's still no guarantee that the replacement will even work but I guess those are the risks. That said, in case it helps anyone that has an A30 since my initial post title was asking about IR codes

1630327364341.png

Is what I got from Hifi Express. Hope it helps someone since I myself don't think I have a way to test this.

tombot66

I have the same issue with my Loxjie A30 remote. I can see that the LED is flashing but no response from the Loxjie A30. Anyone recommend a universal remote.

OP
B

BlackVulcan

I have the same issue with my Loxjie A30 remote. I can see that the LED is flashing but no response from the Loxjie A30. Anyone recommend a universal remote.
High chance the remote aint the problem and it's a broken IR sensor. So either you open it up or ris it yourself or RMA tbh

You can still try using these IR codes if you have a phone with an IR blaster but if that doesnt work you gotta rma

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@BlackVulcan did you go in a dark area and point the remote at a phone camera or a laptop camera to see that it’s emitting an IR signal?
I looked at mine (functioning remote) and I see a purplish spot where IR diode is emitting when pushing buttons. (Using iPhone camera)

OP
B

BlackVulcan

@BlackVulcan did you go in a dark area and point the remote at a phone camera or a laptop camera to see that it’s emitting an IR signal?
I looked at mine (functioning remote) and I see a purplish spot where IR diode is emitting when pushing buttons. (Using iPhone camera)
...uhhh, yeah? I even uploaded a video of it with the IR light, and even did it with a phone with an IR blaster using the IR codes

threni

Major Contributor

Before you chuck it, maybe take it apart and make sure all of those not-very-securely-connected-by-the-look-of-it ribbon cables are connected properly.

OP
B

BlackVulcan

Ok, guess I just skimmed your checks and didn’t see.
Sounds like the receiving portion..
time for a replacement?
Yeap, they offered to refund me for it and I purchased another one on their site so I can just send it back once I receive the new one. Good customer support, excellent even if they deliver haha

OP
B

BlackVulcan

Before you chuck it, maybe take it apart and make sure all of those not-very-securely-connected-by-the-look-of-it ribbon cables are connected properly.

Considering it (since I'm no stranger to taking em apart since I do have an ECE background), but worried about the Warranty (since it's still within warranty). I did take a quick peek myself and it "seemed" to be still connected, but reseating/replugging it would require me to take it apart further and I'm worried they won't replace it anymore if it is a hardware defect and not just loose connections.

They also offered to refund me for it once I return it, since I already showed a lot of video evidence prior and have been in contact with em for the past few weeks. They offered to refund me since originally, I bought a second one to use when I ship this back (since I'm in love with it and there's no decent alternatives here in my country) and was just gonna sell the fixed version at a discount (since the few "dropshippers" selling it here are selling it for $300 - $400) but they just offered an outright refund so I'm gucci if they deliver.

Top Bottom