• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone w/ Galaxy S22/Apple Dongle/Hiby App -> got Hardware volume working??

nsfgp

Exclusive HQ USB audio access granted. Volume Mode showing "Device not detected" always.

FYI been using Galaxy S9 with the Apple Dongle/Hiby for the last few years without any issues -> Exclusive HQ USB/Hardware volume always working. Just got S22 last week and trying to get the Apple dongle to work with hardware volume as you already know volume is too low without it.
All my other dongles (Xumee/ZooAux/etc) using CX21986/ALC5686 are working fine as always with Hiby on the S22.

Anyone using S22 with the Apple Dongle??

sYndro

Did you find a solution for this problem? I just got the Pixel 7 Pro and Hiby also won’t detect the Apple dongle.

MrOtto

One app to rule them all, USB Audio Player Pro. Just buy it. I did, and have never used buggy Hiby again.

Last edited:
OP
N

nsfgp

Did you find a solution for this problem? I just got the Pixel 7 Pro and Hiby also won’t detect the Apple dongle.
No solution yet. Many Samsung FW updates since my OP but same issue so I have given up already.
No big deal for me as I have other dongle DAC to use. UAPP is of course a good app to get.
Good luck to your Pixel.

MrOtto

Yes, just give up on Hiby. I tried to get Hiby support to understand the bugs with Hidizs dongle, no progress. I switched to UAPP and everything worked perfect. The problems I had with Hiby was gone and UAPP has many more features.

Prince Sangwan

Exclusive HQ USB audio access granted. Volume Mode showing "Device not detected" always.

FYI been using Galaxy S9 with the Apple Dongle/Hiby for the last few years without any issues -> Exclusive HQ USB/Hardware volume always working. Just got S22 last week and trying to get the Apple dongle to work with hardware volume as you already know volume is too low without it.
All my other dongles (Xumee/ZooAux/etc) using CX21986/ALC5686 are working fine as always with Hiby on the S22.

Anyone using S22 with the Apple Dongle??
That's strange. Hiby works just fine on my S20 FE with the apple dongle. Maybe try to download hiby from third party because play store and developers make different apps for different phones.

Top Bottom