• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone use the Arturia Audiofuse Rev2?

MarisDawg61

I was looking into this interface and can't find any measurements or anything. How does the ADC and DAC on this compare to similarly priced interfaces like the MOTU Ultralite MK5, or cheaper interfaces like the MOTU M4? I have an external pre so I don't care about preamp quality, I would just be using the line level outputs on the back.

Thanks!

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Here's a previous thread about this interface.

I think between official specs, converter datasheets and the manual you can get a pretty idea idea of what performance is like. It's a good, fairly traditional quad input upper midrange interface with some neat features geared specifically towards recording studio applications.

You may want to specify what sort of functionality and levels you need. Normally you wouldn't be looking at both the Audiofuse and the Ultralite Mk5 (which has a lot more analog inputs and outputs) at the same time.

OP
M

MarisDawg61

Here's a previous thread about this interface.

I think between official specs, converter datasheets and the manual you can get a pretty idea idea of what performance is like. It's a good, fairly traditional quad input upper midrange interface with some neat features geared specifically towards recording studio applications.

You may want to specify what sort of functionality and levels you need. Normally you wouldn't be looking at both the Audiofuse and the Ultralite Mk5 (which has a lot more analog inputs and outputs) at the same time.
Thanks for finding that! Yeah I don't need all the inputs/outputs the Ultralite MK5 has but its specs are top tier at a way lower price point than anything comparable. I've been on the wait list for months though and have been growing impatient and am trying to figure out what the next best move is. What would you recommend for someone who doesn't need a ton of inputs/outputs but who's two biggest needs in an interface are line inputs that bypass the preamp, and high quality conversion?

edit: One more thing... I read in someone's sweetwater review of the M4 that if you're using an external preamp through the line input you'll only get direct monitoring in one ear as its designed to be used in stereo. So I definitely want an interface where that wouldn't be an issue. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom