• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone tried the Unihertz - Jelly 2e?

DrStranger

I am looking for a alternative to my IPOD touch that cant be updated any more (ios 9), to use as a Spotify music player, to be used by the pool on vacation (no worries of stealing or broken). Dont want to have my phone with me, but locked in the safe in my room. Wanted a small and cheap phone or DAP that also could use android and play store apps with headphone jack, so I came across this one: https://www.unihertz.com/products/jelly-2e

Has anyone any experience with it?

Jimi Mack

No, but thanks for the idea.... I am also thinking of using a nice USB-C DAC with this, I doubt the 3.5 on this is going to be that good. It is the 3 inch screen that has me concerned, that is small.

henologist

This looks like it could make a neat DAP if the 3.5mm out is good or if you can get a good dongle DAC attached, not as cheap as used LG V-series phones with the well-measuring built-in DACs but definitely a better value than the cheap Android DAPs. I think the 3 inch screen would be fine with most music apps but would probably get fiddly in busier UIs like Neutron's menus. It having Android 12 out of the box is also nice, if you want that with the LG V-series you'd have to install LineageOS.

Top Bottom