• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone running Tidal on a Chromebook?

jcarys

After doing another round of testing streaming services, I've decided to stay with Tidal (and supplement elsewhere as needed). I'm currently running it on an old Win10 PC to a DAC for stereo, and a Firestick for Atmos. This arrangement works, but it's obviously not as convenient as it could be, and the fan noise from the PC sometimes intrudes on quiet music. I thought that a cheap Chromebook might make a good solution. Tidal says that you can't download music to the Android client on Chrome OS, but I'm bit suspicious of their response. Anyone using a Chromebook as their source? What has been your experience? And if CB is not the ultimate solution, is their a consensus on what the "best" source is - PC, tablet, even a Shield? Thanks.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
It works nicely on my Lenovo 32-bit ChromeOS tablet. I use it with Tidal Connect to the WiiM Mini.

On my 64-bit HP Chromebook, though, it crashes when attempting to use Tidal Connect to the WiiM. I've had a ticket open with Tidal on this for a couple of weeks.

Screenshot 2022-05-30 12.52.51 PM.png

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Working beautifully on my old Pixel Book

Attachments

• LMC_20220530_164315_8.4.300.jpg
    LMC_20220530_164315_8.4.300.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 110

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It works nicely on my Lenovo 32-bit ChromeOS tablet. I use it with Tidal Connect to the WiiM Mini.

On my 64-bit HP Chromebook, though, it crashes when attempting to use Tidal Connect to the WiiM. I've had a ticket open with Tidal on this for a couple of weeks.

View attachment 209947
Side note: Is that Bill Drummond of the KLF?

OP
J

jcarys

Thanks to all, that's what I thought, but I needed a little confirmation before I go shopping.

Top Bottom