• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone know how the Revel Concerta2 S16 is?

Bsmooth

I really liked the M16 review, but the S16's look really good. I would be using them as my main speakers in my living room along with a small Dayton sub.
I would be mounting them on the walls, just not sure of the height, I know it says something about 10-15 degrees above the listener.
Also the listener would not be centered in the middle of the speakers which would be about 8 feet apart, probably being about 2 feet off center to the right.
Maybe angle the left one slightly?
I know there not cheap, but it would probably be a once in a lifetime buy.

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Given how other Revel speakers have measured there has been some speculation that the S16 just might be one of the best performing on-wall speakers available but so far no independent measurements that I'm aware of.

aarons915

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The S16 was the 1st Revel speaker I tried a few years back and I was very impressed with them. They are sealed but had respectable bass output, plenty to blend with a subwoofer with an 80-100Hz crossover. They sounded neutral and well integrated like all Revel speakers and I thought they looked good in the piano black finish. If I had to have an on-wall setup I can't think of anything I'd rather have to be honest.

OP
B

Bsmooth

That sounds great, any possible issues with vocal sibilance issues ? I was also considering The Dali Oberon 1's, but heard they were very harsh.

nathan

After a quick search it turns out that Sound & Vision did make some measurements of the S16:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/revel-concerta2-m16-speaker-system-review-test-bench
Great find. Too bad they don't share the impedance graph in full. I'd love to see what it is doing in the 10k to 20khz region, to see how it might play nicely (or not) with some of the less expensive Class D amps in the market.

If we take the M16 as a guide, the answer is "not real well" due to how high the impedance gets in that region.

Top Bottom