• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone Interested In Having The Emes Mini Owl Measured?

DinoA

Hi all,
I happen to have an Emes Mini Owl and would be willing to loan it to either Amir or Erin (assuming they would be interested) for testing.

It's a very unusual studio monitor that sounds surprisingly good, but can be difficult to physically integrate with other monitors because of the detachable side panels that extend it's stereo image.

Here is a picture of one (not mine) from the web:
1624814806586.png

OP
DinoA

DinoA

Here is the frequency response on the company website:
View attachment 137757

It’s an interesting design for sure, the extra side pieces are something I just can’t see working well, unless there is a switch in the back to adjust the crossover.
The side panels seem to extend the perception of the stereo image, but there are only the usual bass/treble adjustment switches on the back. There is no "panel/no panel" switch. FWIW, I use it without the panels because of the sizing issue. I assume the panels provide the necessary baffle space to optimize whatever electronic psycho-acoustic manipulation they've got going on...or maybe it's a "poor mans" soffit...but the speaker works fine without them.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Last edited:

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I've got too much going on to take on any other tests. You'd probably have better luck asking @amirm assuming he's not too busy.

Punchrulle

I would be very interested in knowing more about the technology/what the embracing sound box does to the stereo signal.
Was/is there no interest reviewing them?
I find embracing sound and ambiophonics very interesting (there are probably more that does similar thing). I would like to have a more defuse stereo/side presentation and more solid/stable center presentation, I assume that is what they offer.
I have seen this ”https://www.sst.audio/new-products/trinaural-processor” but it is ridiculously expensive and requires a third speaker for center channel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom