• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone interested in a car audio blog?

Dumdum

I will be doing a build thread on another site, so I can very easily post pics over here also? It will be very extreme, think dashboard removed and cut in half pretty much to accommodate speakers where they need to be, high quality amplifiers, sources (iPhone XR to topping D10 via coax to helix pro 2 dsp for crossover, eq and timing duty’s) speakers I have various choices from sb acoustics, seas, ground zero, scan speak, basically a good selection, I will use whatever I need, put them wherever I need to put them and minimise reflections which pull and distort the imaging and staging... and therefore the centre also

If people are interested I am happy to post it over here so you can see the lengths we go to for the ultimate stereo experience in a car and the kit I’m using also

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Active crossovers are great. Love to see some of that.

OP
D

Dumdum

Active crossovers are great. Love to see some of that.
Look up the helix... on paper at least it is an awesome bit of kit... way more than an active crossover... and a dsp mini is a three way for 400 dollars with time alignment and 30 bands of eq on each output with akm a/d and d/a converters

Webninja

Forum Donor
Looking forward to your build. My entry into audio was simultaneous home stereo systems and car audio. I’ve installed everything from a simple speaker upgrade to motorized amp displays with fiberglass enclosures.

Current system was designed by MusicarNW using Helix dsp, JL Audio amp and sub with Morel separates and Jehnert mid-bass. I did the install, but they had mapped the interior of my car model and sent me the files for the dsp.

One of the reasons I can’t sell my car is because the system is just perfect with every type of music. Bass volume knob (gain) in the dash when you just need a bit extra and can turn it down for more serious listening.

Top Bottom